cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photos

Occasional Visitor

photos

What happened to the old way of inserting photos into a newsletter document to email?  I am unable to place photos where I'd like and I'm unable to get my newsletter to look the way I want  Is there a way to get back to the old settings or a way to add photos anywhere I'd like in the new settings.  Every time I drag the photo icon, no matter where I drag it, it goes to the same place and I can't add more than one.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: photos

Hello @AnnaF33631,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. From the information provided in your post it seems as you are mentioning our Third-Generation editor. At the moment our newer platform does not give you the ability to add multiple images to one block. Although I can understand how useful it would be to add multiple images in to a single text block. I will be submitting feedback to the correct department so they can review the information. I will also add you to a track that will notify you if this feature is implemented. In our Third-Generation editor when adding images to a text block in your newsletter it will prompt you to add the image to the top right or to the top left of that block, click here to view an article that will show you in more detail. You can also create a 2/3 column layout for you images, click here to view an article that will show you how to create those columns. If you wish to have the ability to add multiple images to one text block you can continue to use our older platform by copying over an email that contains the older platform. The easiest way to find an email with the old platform is to look for email newsletters that have the title ''Legacy'', any email newsletter with that title will be in the older platform.

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Frequent Visitor

I agree with this. PLEASE add this feature back. It makes formatting on the fly really difficult. "Ease of use" with this new editor is frustrating.

Hi @KellyS257

I understand how important it is to create your emails as easily as possible - images included. So thank you for sharing feedback on this experience! How are you looking to arrange the photos in your campaign? We are always open to ways we can better our user’s experience. 

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
All Star

I agree it's very frustrating to drag and drop when the photo won't drop in the location you want it!  Please, it's been over a year dealing with this awful "feature" in the new editor.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @JillA95215,

I do apologize that you are having the same experience with dragging and dropping your photos into your newsletter. We are continuing to look for more ways to make this editor as user friendly as possible! Thank you for your feedback, I will be sure to submit it for review. 

ZOE/H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.