cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with edits

Occasional Contributor

problem with edits

when I make an edit and save it, the edit does not show up in the preview. This includes text, links, text colors. Very frustrating. Sometimes I have to make the same changes many times.
8 REPLIES 8

Re: problem with edits

My edits show up in the preview and test but things like justified paragraphs  NEVER show up in the working version which is very frustrating.  I don't want to keep having to check a preview or test to see a simple update like justifying a paragraph.

CTCT Employee

Hey @MaxineB7 and @EveD8,

Welcome back to the Community! Thank you for reaching out to us! From what you are describing it sounds like it is a browser issue that you are experiencing with your edits not saving. I would recommend clearing out the cache and history in your browser, closing the browser, and trying again. You can click here to see instructions on how to clear that out!

For the issue referring to the paragraph indentation not staying, I would also recommend the same process. Once that is complete, try holding the 'Shift' button and then hitting either 'Tab', 'Space', or 'Enter' to add the indentations!

Please let us know if you have any further issues or questions.

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

This has been happening for me as well. I was told in a chat with a CC staffer that it was browser related and moved everything from IE to Chrome as suggested and deleted all cookies and browser history.

Today the same thing is happening in Chrome. Edits are not being saved and do not show up in preview.

CTCT Employee

Hi @ChristyP312,

Thanks for reaching out about this and we're sorry the edits you're making to your email campaign aren't saving. We also appreciate you trying another web browser. Just to clarify, are the edits to your email campaign not being saved at all? Or just when you click Preview to review it there? Do your edits display when you send a preview/test of your email campaign? Thanks for the additional details as we troubleshoot this for you!

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Yesterday in IE it was just the preview that wasn't showing the edits but the test email looked okay. 

Today, in Chrome, the edits weren't taking at all - in preview or in a test email. These were specifically text formatting edits. You don't seem to have an option for first line indented text so I am having to manually space over several spaces at the beginning of each paragraph. I hit save after each change and then a minute later in preview or when I go back to the campaign all the spacing is off. Some were over two or three spaces - some over several.

One other observation. If I remember -  for the past year or so - I noticed that there was an option at the top to "save" a campaign and once it was saved the "save" option wasn't available again until I made another edit. Whenever I edited the campaign I could save - but a completely saved campaign didn't have a "save" option - it didn't need to.

Now (both in IE and in Chrome) no matter how many times I "save" the save option is always active - like it didn't really "accept" my save.

I may be wrong but I distinctly remember in the past wondering (after being called away to the phone etc.) "did I save this??" and then "Oh I must have because it shows saved and the save option isn't active." 

CTCT Employee

Hi @ChristyP312,

Thanks so much for the additional details! At this time the Third-Generation Editor doesn't have an option to indent the text for a paragraph. This is a feature request in which we are submitting customer feedback for and I have added yours. A workaround would be to add a line space for a new paragraph. We've found that adding multiple spaces with the spacebar can result in the editor removing the spaces after leaving the editing page. This is something our programmers are looking in to as well.

In addition, you can also make sure that Autosave is turned on in your account. It automatically saves your work every five minutes as you create and edit your email campaign. Rest assured that clicking Save in the editor also saves it even if it doesn't appear to refresh the page.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

I'm experiencing this same issue. Autosave is turned on and I'm working in Chrome on a Mac. I edited several campaigns and some randomly did not save with no indication that they weren't saved. 

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @PaulP3088,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your campaigns not saving. I can definitely understand how important it is to ensure that your email is saving as you go. To better assist you with this situation, there is some information that we would like to gather:

1 - The username to your Constant Contact account

2 - The name of the campaigns that you are experiencing this in

3 - Did you lose all of your changes, or only some changes

4 - The exact change you have lost in the campaign

5 - A reference to this post

You can email this information to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Feel free to add any additional information that you might remember. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime. 

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing