cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Download (Print) Campaign" function not displaying correct fonts

Occasional Advisor

"Download (Print) Campaign" function not displaying correct fonts

Hi,

I noticed that when I download a campaign into a PNG image (so I can use it on our social media sites and elsewhere), the fonts displayed are not the same ones I selected in the campaign.

Now, I understand when sending an email, the fonts may change based on what the email recipient has installed (or not installed) on their device. However, when downloading the image IN Constant Contact, I would think the fonts would/should render properly, shouldn't they? They appear fine in the editor so I don't know why it wouldn't render when downloading.

See attached screenshot.  The font selected should be Dancing Script. CC_Fontrendering.pngThis is Comic Sans/NOT the font that I used (and actually can't stand this font) which was rendered in the download function.

ccpreview font rendering.pngThis is the correct font, displayed appropriately in the email "Preview"screen

Please fix this. Thank you.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: "Download (Print) Campaign" function not displaying correct fonts

Hi @Marisa_M 

I apologize you're seeing this change in your font! The screenshots you have provided definitely help to understand exactly what you are experiencing. Was this text copied and pasted? We have seen some cases where some font styles are changing when an email is saved as a PDF, JPG, or PNG. This is something our support is continuing to troubleshoot. Though we do not have a time estimate of when this will be resolved, I have added you to our queue to be notified when it is. Until then we suggest using a different font types. You can do this by copying your campaign, updating this font, scheduling it to a test list, and downloading this new campaign instead.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hi Frankie_P,

I don't recall whether or not the text was copied and pasted into the email. It may have been, but I cannot say for sure. Even if it was, I would never use Comic Sans, though. Not sure if that helps.

Thank you

Edited to add:  I also want to mention that I actually have Dancing Script OT installed on my PC (it's one of my favorite fonts) which is why it's so puzzling that it did not render properly. And while I'm here, I may as well mention that when I received the email campaign, it did not render in Dancing Script either - even though as mentioned, I have this font on my PC.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Marisa_M,

I'm seeing a small number of other's reporting a similar issue, and our Advanced Technical team is currently investigating it further.  I'm adding the information you've given us here to their reports, as well as requested that we contact you once we find a permanent solution.  It seems like the system issue may not be affecting all download-types, so you may be able to correct it by switching to .jpeg, or even .pdf, and then converting it to your desired format after downloading.  The only other workaround at the moment is to use a screenshot instead of a downloaded image.

Rendering in your email is based entirely off of the email client you're reading the email in.  Some email clients do not support web-fonts, or do not support specific fonts.  It's unfortunately not just based on what's in your computer, it's based on what the email client you're using is allowed to display.

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

Hi Aaron_H,

Thanks for the update.

I will try downloading in other formats, but since .PNG is the best for rendering fonts into a graphic image, I am still hoping that's something you can fix for the future.  .JPEG files just don't look as crisp when text is involved and PDFs cannot be used in a Facebook post, which is typically where I share these image downloads.

Thanks again,

Marisa

Hi @Marisa_M 

I'm glad we could help answer your question! Please let us know if this workaround helps, or if you have any further questions as you continue working in your account.

Frankie P.