cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Forward to a Friend" Button

Occasional Visitor

"Forward to a Friend" Button

I am trying to put together an email and I need the "Forward to a Friend" button.  I cannot seem to find it the build tab.

18 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: "Forward to a Friend" Button

Hello @TMSManager,

That feature is currently only available in our Legacy templates.  I've added you to the feature request, to have that brought into our newer Third Generation editor as well!  If you do have access to Legacy templates, the option should appear when you have any block open, in the 'insert' section along the left side of the page.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Yes, please add the Forward option back! I send our existing newsletter to potential subscribers to show them what it's like; I've just changed to a new email template and discovered today that I can't forward it. Very frustrating. :-(

CTCT Employee

@Bio-Mechanics_Cycles,

We will be sure to submit that feedback for you. In the meantime, your recipients can still use the forward option with their email client, to send your emails to their contacts.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Amber_L

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Hi Amber,

Thanks for passing the feedback on. I know my recipients can forward it; it's just not much help to me when I want to send it to prospective subscribers.

Advisor

I mentioned this in another thread, so apologies if you're reading it twice. 
A help answer from a CTCT person just a few days ago said it is there; no mention of having to be on the third generation editor. 

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Need-help-with-something-else/quot-Forward-to-a-Friend-quot...

CTCT Employee

Hi @Lizziebeth10,

Thank you for replying back. I responded to your mention on the other thread. The "Forward to a Friend" functionality is only available on the Legacy template. At this time, the Third Generation editor does not include this functionality. I hope this information has helped. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Lucas_D

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

How can this new version be considered for release without a forward button? This is essential to my newsletters. **bleep**?

CTCT Employee

Hi @TerryS922,

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. The reason why the "Forward to a Friend" option was left out of the new editor was because of its low usage. Also, we have improved the ability for our templates to maintain formatting/consistency when simply just using the forward the email option located in the email clients. I have however, tracked this feature request to your account to notify our developers. Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience. 

Lucas_D

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing

When an email is forwarded without benefit of a button, the receiver of the forwarded message is able to unsubscribe the original email address -- so my account is down a user, and the person engaged enough to be forwarding messages is then unsubscribed from my list. 

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!