cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

"Forwards" count in app doesn't update, isn't actionable

Highlighted
All Star

"Forwards" count in app doesn't update, isn't actionable

In the app, the stats for a campaign include, below Opens and Clicks, a count for Forwards. But that count doesn't seem to change from 0 when there's been an instance of a subscriber forwarding an email, and though the "0" displays in blue -- as if it opens to a new page -- nothing happens when I try to click on it.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix on my end? Is there an alternate way to get data on who's forwarding my emails?

Thanks a bunch for any help any of you can provide.

1 REPLY 1

Re: "Forwards" count in app doesn't update, isn't actionable

Hi @ChrisB73 

I apologize for any confusion this section of your reporting may have caused. This "Forwards" section in reference to the forward to a friend button that is available in our previous Second Generation Editor and our Custom Coded emails. Emails created in our mobile app are treated like custom code emails. Not only this, but our app is also created have one reporting screen for all email campaigns, causing this reporting field to be there. However our newest Third Generation Editor does not having this forwarding feature. Readers have to forward these emails directly through their email clients. I apologize we cannot track forwards with an email client's forwarding feature.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.