cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

"Save As Template" missing

SOLVED
Visitor

"Save As Template" missing

I've searched the site and googled how to save a template for future use, but the visuals and instructions appear to be older. How do I go about doing this? (yes, I realize I can copy a former campaign...just trying to play with some different versions of my Master Template.)
18 REPLIES 18
Visitor

Re: "Save As Template" missing

Well...I was able to find the "Save As Template" after clicking the Dropdown next to the Campaign and choosing Details... then a different dropdown at the top of the page next to the Campaign title.  Just surprised it disappeared from the main campaign page.  Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 6.08.24 PM.png

Occasional Advisor

Have you been able to find or access any of your saved templates?  All I can access are the pre-loaded ones.

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hello @ReidH

I do apologize for the inconvenience but within the new interface you no longer have the option to save a campaign as a template. I will be sure to relay this feedback to our engineering team as a feature request. As a work around you have the option to create a favorites folder in which you can place the campaigns that you would like to re-use as an email template. Below I have listed some instruction on how to create a folder. I hope this is helpful to you and please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Create a Folder

Folders can hold as many campaigns as you want, but to keep them from getting too full, you can create up to 2 additional levels of sub-folders in each top-level folder.

1. Click Campaigns.

Campaigns Tab
  2. Click the + button next to the Folders menu.

Add Folder Button
  3. Give your folder a name.

Name Field

Lenszie V.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Frequent Visitor

This is absolutely RIDICULOUS!! I NEED to be able to access my previously SAVED TEMPLATES!! Why on earth have you removed
this VERY BASIC & USEFUL feature. Yes, as you posted there is a workaround, but it is cumbersome and time consuming. And, quite
frankly, my time is valuable. This needs to be addressed.....unless you want to lose more customers to Mail Chimp!!

Tags (1)

Hello @JulieL871,

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this might cause. I want to discuss some possibilities with you relating to your account but due to the account specific information that might be discussed I am going to reach out to you on the contact address on file. I encourage you to keep an eye out for an email from us so we can assist you further. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Advisor

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating.  There really is no way to create or save templates in Constant Contact anymore, you have to keep copying older templates and editing them.  

And if you want to include a link to a photo, you are out of luck.  You can only upload documents, not photos.  For press releases, you have to use an outside image hosting service, one additional step that wastes time and money.  Seems so simple, you can upload documents and PDF files, why not an image?  

Hello @ReidH,

I appreciate your feedback on this. I know you have commented on this before but I will still forward additional feedback to our developers about this feature.

Additionally, I am happy to report that you can include a link to an image. When you upload an image to the library it will provide you with a File URL which you can then hyperlink in an email campaign.

It will look like this: 

2017-03-28_18-35-23.png

After you copy the link you will be able to paste it in when choosing the "Web page" option for "Type of link."

2017-03-28_18-40-20.png

Then whatever hyperlink you have created will direct you to the file URL of the image. 

I apologize if there was any confusion on this feature not being available.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

I'd also like to put in a vote for being able to save templates - this is a very basic feature and it seems weird to not have it! For Newsletters it's annoying to copy old templates every week and it's error prone as sometimes old links don't get updated or removed. Please bring this important feature back! 

CTCT Employee

Hi @Workato,

We apologize for any inconvience this has caused and understand how important it is for you to save an email campaign as a template. At this time we're collecting feedback for our programmers about this feature. In the meantime, you can create a folder (or even sub-folders) for the email campaigns you want to use as master templates. I checked your account and it looks like you have already used the folders feature. Just in case you need the instructions again here's the FAQ with all the details on creating folders and sub-folders.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.