cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED
All Star

"Suspended" Bounces

I've just exported bounces from the last email sent and there are 11 contacts showing "Suspended" as a bounce reason.  I review bounces following each email send and I've not come across this before, so what does it mean?

290 REPLIES 290
Occasional Advisor

Re: "Suspended" Bounces

I'm also looking for this info. Just recently started seeing "suspended" as a bounce result.

All Star

We have also started seeing these. We have checked with many of the contacts and their accounts are valid. 

Tags (2)

Updated: September 2017

Hi all,

Suspended is a new bounce category! Previously, if you were sending to an email address that was quarantined it would bounce as non-existent. The suspended category now shows you which email addresses we are preventing you from emailing because it's bounced as non-existent once already in the last 15 days.

example_of_suspended_category.png

If you continue to send to non-existent email addresses it can hurt your sending reputation so you will want to be careful about emailing these addresses over and over. 

We've got a detailed post here in the Community and a FAQ available for you on this category, hope this helps!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor

The links do not work within your FAQ.

Honored Contributor

@helmkampcc 

If you have a contact who you regularly correspond with that is now showing up as Suspended, please send him the information within this FAQ: What Should I do if my contact's ISP is blocking Constant Contact mail?. Also, once that is completed on your contact's side, please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the contact's email address, and reference this post so that we may see if that email address is still within our Quarantine. 

I'm also sorry that the FAQ link in @Hannah_M 's post isn't working for you. What is happening when you click on that? It is working for me here.

Thanks in advance!

Occasional Advisor

Well, of course the links work for your three hours after I mentioned they weren't working. I don't understand why constant contact is now controlling my information. I should have the right to allow an email to go through, not you. I don't have the time to go through the steps you listed to free an email. It's much easier to mark them as invalid in my customer database, drop the number of contacts I have in constant contact and lower your revenue.

HI @helmkampcc 

I understand how this can be frustrating. The function is not any different than before, the only difference is the label the contacts are getting in your account. Depending on when you last sent, some of the contacts who are marked as "Suspended" now may show as "non-existent" in several of your previous emails since the email wasn't delivered. If you would like us to look into the specifics of a contact please email us the address in question and we can do some digging for you. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
All Star

To me it all just seems to be rather arbitrary.  I’ve analysed engagement on both the suspended and non-existent bounces and in quite a few cases this is the first time a bounce has happened.  So why have some of these email addresses been marked as suspended, whereas others marked as non-existent?

Highlighted

I too am irritated by this and as the other comment stated I do not have time for this....after all if I had time to write everyone an email I would jjust do that and not use Constant Contact....looks like I will be looking for a new way to correspond with my customers.