cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Why was this email bounced as Suspended?

Every week a subscriber opened my email. Then suddenly it is marked Bounced as Suspended. WHY??!?!?
Tags (2)

Re: Why was this email bounced as Suspended?

Hi @MarilynH22

If your contact is bouncing as suspended then that means that it's already bounced as non-existent once in the past 15 days. The email address could have bounced previously by someone else who has that same contact on their email list, not necessarily from a previous email that you sent them. Continuing to send to contacts who bounce as non-existent can hurt your sending reputation which is why after a contact bounces as non-existent it is put into the suspended category for 15 days. 

Since this is a contact that you regularly correspond with that is now showing up as suspended, please send them the information within this FAQ: What Should I do if my contact's ISP is blocking Constant Contact mail?. Also, once that is completed on your contact's side, please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the contact's email address, and reference this post so that we may see if that email address is still within our Quarantine. 

Thanks!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Honored Contributor

Re: Why was this email bounced as Suspended?

If you are going to impose the sharing of the suspended entry you should also share the non-existing entry in everyones records to see. 

Occasional Visitor

Suspended?

What does "suspended" mean on a bounce back email?
Tags (2)

Re: Suspended?

Hi @KarenT771

That's a great question, thank you for posting!

You can find out more about our Suspended Bounce category here and there's also more information about it in this FAQ.

I hope those help you to find the answer you're looking for, but please let us know if you have any other questions that we can help with. 

Thanks!

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Highlighted
Developer

Suspended

What does suspended mean under bounced emails?
CTCT Employee

Re: Suspended

Hello @wichitabutler

I would be happy to go over what the status "suspended" means in our bounced category.

Repeatedly sending to the same non-existent email addresses can have a negative impact on our customers' deliverability rate. That's why we have protections in place to prevent us from continuously sending campaigns to email addresses that bounce. When an email address bounces as non-existent, Constant Contact will first place that address on a temporary hold for 15 days. During this time, our system will not attempt to send any campaigns to this address from any account. When an account attempts to send to an address in this state, the address will be included in that campaign's Suspended Bounce Category.

After the temporary hold is lifted, we will again attempt to send to that address the next time a campaign is scheduled to it. If it bounces as non-existent again, the email address will be assumed non-existent and placed on indefinite hold. During this time the email address will continue to appear in the Suspended bounce category in campaigns that attempt to send to it.

Like any bounce category, Constant Contact does not automatically remove these addresses from your account. However, we do include this category in the “Recommended for removal” filter when you manage your bounces. If an email address bounces back as non-existent or suspended, they should be permanently removed from your contact list because they are not likely to become active again.

I truly hope this helps,

Amy J

Community &
Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question,
please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in
the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Advisor

Re: Suspended - Two meanings for the same term

Hi - I would like to remove suspended email addresses that are in the indefinite hold category.  I do not want to remove suspended email addresses that are in the 15 day hold category.  If an email in the 15 day hold category can be called Suspended and and email in the indefinite hold category is also called Suspended how can I tell the difference between them so that I only remove Suspended emails that are assumed non-existent and placed on indefinite hold?  You seem to be using the same name for two different set of circumstances.

Thanks

"temporary hold for 15 days. During this time, our system will not attempt to send any campaigns to this address from any account. When an account attempts to send to an address in this state, the address will be included in that campaign's Suspended Bounce Category".

"assumed non-existent and placed on indefinite hold. During this time the email address will continue to appear in the Suspended bounce category in campaigns that attempt to send to it."

Hello @TomK52. Removing suspended emails that are on an indefinite hold is something that can be handled by our Deliverability department. You can contact them at 866-433-8499 Monday through Thursday 7am-11pm ET and Friday 7am-9pm ET. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Advisor

Hi Caitlin - Thank you but that was not my question.  The question is when an email address is classified as Suspended how can you look at it and tell whether it is suspended on a temporary hold or suspended on an indefinite hold because it appears that it could be either situation?

Thanks,

Tom K.