cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED
Frequent Visitor

Re: when i look at bounce data, what does "suspended" mean?

@Hannah_M So should I go through and delete the emails that are marked as suspended? I'm a little confused. 

Frequent Visitor

Verified emal address; still Suspended

**Removed By Moderator** has been suspended as Non-existent. However she verified the name in Constant Contact. I erased it and re-keyed it and it is still Suspended. How do I get her reinstated?

Re: Verified emal address; still Suspended

Hi @LeoS2 

I took a look at your account and the address in question and noticed that it actually bounced as non-existent twice in 2009. Since it bounced more than once it was added to an internal block list to prevent it from getting future emails. I've removed it from this block list so you will be able to send it to it again. Please note, if the address bounces again you will need to look into what is preventing the email from being delivered to prevent it from bouncing again. 

Just a heads up, I removed the email from this post for security.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: Verified emal address; still Suspended

I've read through this strand of emails.  The majority of my emails marked as suspeneded are good email addresses.  People I correspond with on a daily basis.  So why are those marked suspended? 

@Hannah_M wrote:

Hi @LeoS2 

I took a look at your account and the address in question and noticed that it actually bounced as non-existent twice in 2009. Since it bounced more than once it was added to an internal block list to prevent it from getting future emails. I've removed it from this block list so you will be able to send it to it again. Please note, if the address bounces again you will need to look into what is preventing the email from being delivered to prevent it from bouncing again. 

Just a heads up, I removed the email from this post for security.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor

Need more info on type of bounced email.

I don't believe I've ever seen the comment "suspended" for a bounced email. What does it mean?
Occasional Contributor

definition of "suspended"?

definition of "suspended"?
Honored Contributor

Re: definition of "suspended"?

This has come up before and will again.  

http://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/6185-the-suspended-bounce-category

It would be great if CTCT put a popup box on that page that listed the definitions of the status options.

Offering FREE Project Consultation
Accredited CTCT Solution Provider
Constant Contact All Star 2009-2010-2011-2012

www.cliquemarketing.biz

Honored Contributor

Re: definition of "suspended"?

Thanks @Clique_Marketing for answering the question for @Dr.LawrenceF 

I also just posted a new post about the New Suspend Bounce that you both can check out.

Tony, feel free to post that feature request in our Reporting Feedback Idea Exchange

Occasional Visitor

What is a "suspended" email.

Hi, After sending my most recent campaign, I check the reporting info. Two of the recipients emails were reported as "suspended". What does this mean? Do they need to be removed?

Re: What is a "suspended" email.

Hi @edg644

Thanks for posting. Suspended is a new category that's showing for some of your existing bounces. 

When an email address bounces as non-existent, Constant Contact will first place that address on a temporary hold for 15 days. During this time, our system will not  send any campaigns to this address from any account. After this hold is lifted, we will again attempt to send to that address with the next scheduled email. If it bounces again as non-existent the email address will be placed on an indefinite hold. Just like any other bouncing address, Constant Contact won't remove them from your list so if you see these bounces we suggest you remove them moving forward. 

Here's an FAQ if you would like more information on this. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!