Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Not happy with the number of suspended emails after I send a campain

Hello @DebraW16618,

I completely understand. Our deliverability team would be happy to look into this further with you, as there are many reasons why an email address may have bounced, and they are the expert team on this subject. They can be reached at 866.433.8499 and are open until 11PM EST today, I hope this helps!

Brandon A.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Anonymous
Not applicable

We went from a .7% bounce rate to a 7.7% bounce rate in a week.  Nothing at all has changed on our end.

People who have been getting - and opening - our emails for months now show up as Blocked - not suspended, but flat-out blocked.

CTCT Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that your bounce rate increased from blocked emails. Sometimes just a few spam complaints can land Constant Contact on a blocklist/blacklist. ISPs also filter content which can lead to blocked emails too. And some ISPs (especially corporate networks) utilize their own custom critera for blocking. Here's some important information about understanding how and why Internet Service Providers block email. I would also recommended providing your contacts with the whitelisting information.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is intermittent - this week's emails were not blocked at the increased rates - at least thus far. Which is a good thing for us, but is curious and brings its own set of problems, like how do we know which email will be blocked and which will be allowed through? I know, no good answers on this sort of thing.  Even email addresses that were blocked last week are not blocked this week (nor are they suspended).

Hello @Anonymous,

If the block is occuring intermittently then it could be something with the content of the e-mail the receiving server is taking issue with. I would compare two of your campaigns, one which is not experiencing the block and one that is, and see if there are any differences in content that might stick out. This would give an idea what the receiving server is flagging as a problem. 

It can certainly be a difficult thing to navigate and deduce, though. I recommend calling and speaking with our Deliverability team at 866-433-8499 between the hours of 7AM to 9PM EST Monday through Friday. They have specialized knowledge and training when it comes to bounces and deliverability-related issues.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

"suspended" emails

I clean my email bounce list up after every e-blast. I notice that there are emails bounces marked "suspended" from emails I know to be active and working.

Re: "suspended" emails

Hello @GOTRHR. I can certainly explain the reason why those emails are showing as suspended. When an email bounces an non-existent, Constant Contact puts a temporary hold on the email address for 15 days. During this time, we will not any emails to that address. If an account attempts to send to that email address during the 15 day hold, we will mark the email address as suspended. After the temporary hold is lifted, if the email address bounces again, then we will assume it as non-existent, mark it as Suspended, put an indefinite hold on the email address and will not send to it. 

Constant Contact will not remove these email addresses from your account but we do categorize these email addresses as recommended for removal. If you do believe that some of your suspended emails are good emails, you can email us these addresses to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Just keep in mind that resetting the email addresses doesn't prevent it from bouncing again in the future. 

Caitlin M.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I had a lot of "suspended" and this was my first campaign, so the reason cannot be they bounced before. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @FirstNameL80939,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that you had contacts bounce as "suspended" on your first send. When a contact bounces as "suspended" the first time you send to it, that means it bounced as nonexistent in another Constant Contact account that sent to that address. Here is a link to a helpful guide on "Managing Bounces on Your Account."

Jonathan Rich

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

suspended emails

I am having way too many go into the suspended file - they want the emails but are not receiving them. What can I do?