cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED

Re: "Suspended" Bounces

Hello @RickC1000. I'm glad that this thread was able to help you out with understanding suspended bounces more. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can assist you with!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Hello

This is the first newsletter I sent using Constant Contact and I also have quite a few "suspended". Whilst I understand what it means, since it is the first time I am sending a newsletter, why do I get these "suspended" email addresses when they are existing clients I otherwise contact regularly? Does this mean these very same email addresses are being used by other people also using Constant Contact and which have bounced? I find that hard to believe. In other words, is this "suspended" feature extended to all senders to that email address, not just me?

Also are the Suspended and Bounced email addresses automatically removed from our database?

Thank you

Laurie

CTCT Employee

Hi @LauriePr,

Thanks for reaching out about this! Because your email campaigns are sent through our servers, Constant Contact relies on the receiving server's ability to accept and deliver your email campaigns. If the receving server believes the email address to be Non-existant, for whatever reason, it bounces and can ultimatly end up as Suspended in Constant Contact. In addition, an email address can become Suspended from any Constant Contact account sending email to it.

You'll definitely want to manage the bounces as well. Constant Contact does not automatically remove bounces from your account but we do include certain bounce categories (such as Suspended) in the “Recommended for removal” filter to make them a bit easier to find.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Organizer

How can you tell the difference between an address that is temporarily Suspended and one that is permanently Suspended? If it's permanent I want to remove it as soon as possible, but if it's only temporary I want to leave it and see if it clears up after the 15 day hold. Kinda hard to do when there's only one status code of "Suspended".

Hello @WaylonT. Permanently suspended contacts can be found under the Recommended for Removal dropdown when you are viewing your bounces. We recommend deleting these contacts as we cannot send to them. Contacts that are on a temporary suspend hold are found under the Suspended dropdown. Hope this helps! 

Caitlin M.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

This response doesn't fit for me as this is only my second email being sent and the first didn't contain any that were bounced.  So there were no repeat emails sent to a bounced account.

Visitor

I'm afraid this is not at all helpful.  In fact, it seems rather deceitful.  Suddenly, I'm getting suspended listings for clients who have received CC emails for years.  I corresponded by email with one party this morning and forwarded a copy of my last (went out last night) campaign to him because he did not get it.  When I checked his account, he is now listed as suspended, even though he has opened hundreds of CC emails, included one only 7 days ago.

It seems you have an issue, here.

Pete

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @BeckyT04,

Thank you for reaching out!

If you believe there is an issue with email addresses in your account we will be happy to look into this for you. Send an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post and your account username. Be sure to include any contact email addresses that you would like us to look at. 

Thank you.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Advisor

The thing is...
 After 3 years, 253 posts and over 30,000 views on this thread, this problem is still obviously NOT resolved. Clearly, there is an ongoing problem here that CC is not fully addressing. Customers are dissatisfied, myself included. 

User Pete says about the response he received,"I'm afraid this is not at all helpful.  In fact, it seems rather deceitful."

Well, I agree that the responses are not helpful, though I'm not sure the reply he received was deceitful. 

Here's what IS deceitful, IMO:
 When I spoke to CC recently, with a list of 4-5 folks who have regularly read my emails for years, I was politely and professionally told that these specific readers would be "whitelisted" for me. IN FACT, THEY WERE NOT. They continue to bounce. I have effectively been cut off from my clients, even after being assured that the problem was solved.

Fail!

Separately, but related, I filled out a popup questionnaire a few months ago, had some issues with email formatting problems. I was told to expect a phone call. Next day, CC called. I answered on the first ring, said hello and was hung up on. Never heard from you again. SMH. 

Thanks for reading :smileyface:

CTCT Employee

Hi @Joel829,

Thanks for your feedback about this, and we're very sorry for any miscommunication you may have previously received about your contacts being unsuspended.

Keep in mind that email addresses can become Suspended from any Constant Contact account sending email to it. Thus, if you've sent successfully to an email address in the past; if the contact becomes Suspended in any Constant Contact account, it will become Suspended in your account. In addition, even after a contact has been unsuspended, if the email address continues to bounce repeatedly, then it can be re-suspended. This happens when the receiving server has not been whitelisted. So it may not necessarily be any of your email campaigns that caused your contacts to be Suspended.

Please send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com so we can have our Deliverabillity team follow-up and look into this for you. We'll need your username, the email addresses marked as Suspended and a reference to this post. Thanks!

Nichelle M

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.