cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Re: "Suspended" Bounces

My mind is truly boggled. It's not good enough that there are 10 pages of complaints, so you want us to go to another page and submit an idea for you to remove a function that doesn't work for us?

Seriously? Can't you turn around at your desk and flag down a supervisor? You work there. You submit the complaint. Show someone these 10 pages.

This whole thing is absurd.

All Star

Sorry, but this is not a good enough answer. I have several emails that are suspended but the email address correct and others with that same domain are not suspended. Can't I just send you a list of emails you should unsuspend?

Hi @ColoradoPress. Our Deliverability team would be happy to assist you with these email addresses to see what is going on. Here is a link to their numbers and hours. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Hello -- The suspended tag seems to be random. One particular, long-term subscriber to our newsletters just started coming up as 'suspended.' Our papers are close to $1000 per year and as I said, this is a long time subscriber. I've reached out and he noted that nothing has changed on his end. Please advise

Honored Contributor

Hi @KatharineS1

Thanks for reaching out. I'm happy to help you with getting this resolved. First, it's possible that this email address is on another Constant Contact user's email list and it has bounced when they sent out mailings and that's why it now shows as "suspended" when you see it in your list.

The first thing you want to do, if not already, is to send them our list of IP addresses. They will need to whitelist, or unblock, them from their Internet Service Provider. 

Once that is done, you can forward us an email from that contact stating that they would still like to receive emails from you to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and we will take that to our Deliverability team to rectify. Please include your username and reference this Community post.

Thanks in advance!

Occasional Participant

wondering why, when an email has been consitently opened but was not on the most previous email, why would that contact get suspended?

Regular Visitor

This answer has circular reasoning and lots of jargon. Plain english please.

All Star

One of our emails listed as "suspended" is a correct email address.  They had accidently unsubscribed and now re-subscribed.  How can I force Constant Contact to a accept this email?

Hello @KBSoccer.  I do see that you emailed us this morning about this issue and we have taken care of your request. Let us know if you need any more assistance!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I just signed up today and uploaded 6000 emails.  About 65 of them were flagged as suspended.  The explanation says they have had multiple bounces in the last 15 days.  Since they didn;t bounce with me multiple times - does constant contact compare the email address to its global contacts ?

MY APLOGIES - I just the explanation back further.  Yes Constant Contact uses bounces for other campaigns - not just mine.

Thanks