cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED

Re: suspended addresses on my current eblast

HI @JeanE

A suspended bounce indicates that the address has bounced before as non-existent in Constant Contact. This could have been with any users account. Are you able to verify that this address is valid and working for any of these contacts? If so, give our delivery team a call for help getting these contacts unblocked!

Thanks, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Frequent Visitor

Suspended Email Accounts

How should we treat "Suspended" accounts?

Re: Suspended Email Accounts

Hi @TomRockMan

Good question! The suspended category shows you which email addresses we are preventing you from emailing because it's bounced as non-existent once already in the last 15 days. If you continue to send to non-existent email addresses it can hurt your sending reputation so you will want to be careful about emailing these addresses over and over. If you see an address that bounced as suspended be sure to first check for typos, if you notice any then correct it by clicking the pencil icon to the right of the email address in your bounce list. If you are certain that an email address marked as suspended is valid then please call our deliverability team. They can look into the email address a bit more, and if it is indeed a good address they should be able to assist you so that you can send to it again. 

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
All Star

An important thing to remember to add, Natatlie, because it confuses people who are new to the problem if you don't state it explicitly every time, is that the bounce as non-existent doesn't have to happen earlier on that particular organization's account.  If some other organization has the same email address in their contact list, sends a communication, and it bounces as non-existent for that other organization, it will then be marked as Suspended for my organization if I happen to send a communication within 15 days of the other organization's send.  I think that's how it works, anyway.

Michael

Hi @mchristo

Michael, you're absolutely correct! That is an important detail that I hadn't mentioned. Thank you for catching that and for contributing! 

Natalie B.
Frequent Visitor

Suspended

I just check my last email send and it has my personal address "" marked as Suspended. Why is that, the email works fine and it is my primary address for my business.

Tags (2)

Re: Suspended

Hi @AlvahM

I'm sorry to hear that happened. I just took a look at your account and saw that you were able to get in touch with a representative through chat who was able to assist you with the suspended email address. I hope that everything has been resolved, but if you need any other assistance please let us know. Thank you!

Natalie B.
Occasional Advisor

Re: "Suspended" Bounces

I actually quit using Constant Contact because of the suspended feature.

Now, someone please tell me how to stop getting notifications for this post.

Re: "Suspended" Bounces

Sorry to hear this @helmkampcc. I went ahead and removed your subscriptions to this and one other post so you will no longer get the notifications.

If you do post to a thread in the future just un-check "Email Me when someone replies" so you aren't subscribed. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Visitor

Email Suspended

Hi - I have sent 3 different emails out where everyone on my mailing list has received them except for one person - her email keeps getting suspending. Is there any reason as to why she isn't receiving these emails? I double checked to see if her email was entered correctly and it was correct each time. Thanks.