cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

"Suspended" Bounces

SOLVED
Advisor

Re: "Suspended" Bounces

Hi - That is exactly the issue.  If an email address is a problem for just one account, for whatever reason, but it is a good ongoing contact for other accounts then why do you suspend it for everybody?  Why  don't you just suspend it for the account with the problem?  I feel like I am loosing valid email contacts that I have earned because Constant Contact is being overly aggressive at scrubbing out email addresses that maybe dragging down Constant Contact's overall performance rating. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @TomK52,

I apologize, the suspended bounce category can be a little bit complicated. I will explain. If an address rejects an email communication with the message that it does not exist, that indicates a larger problem than what will affect just one account. Repeatedly sending to invalid addresses can not only effect Constant Contact's overall performance rating but the sending address as well. We take these efforts to ensure we are protecting the sending reputation of our customers and for Constant Contact as a whole. I hope that this helps clear things up.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Regular Visitor

I can understand this.  What I cannot understand is why I can privately email with a customer, I can forward a copy of a CTCT email to him, but when I send a CTCT to him as part of a blast, using the same email address, he does not receive it and it is listed as suspended by CTCT.

Pete

CTCT Employee

Hi @BeckyT04

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry for the issue you are having with your bounced emails. If you can send an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, and the email addresses that are valid and still bouncing we are happy to take a look and get this resolved for you.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great weeekend. 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Advisor

Hi - What keeps this confusing for me is that it always gets to this point and Constant Contact never really answers the underlying question.  Clients don't necessarily have the time to test and communicate with Constant Contact about every email classified as Suspended after every campaign.  Why are emails that are still valid and that a client can routinely reach suddenly unreachable by Constant Contact for that client's account and classified as Suspended?  Is CC 1. Suspending an email address for all clients even if the email is bouncing for just one client (maybe that client have been blocked by that email holder) 2. Constant Contact has been blocked by that email address for all campaigns from all clients so it needs to stop all attempts to reach it  3. Some other reason know or unknown?  It shouldn't be that it is simply nonexistent because you have another category for that.

Thanks

CTCT Employee

@TomK52

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. That is great question! An email address can get marked as Suspended after bouncing repeatedly as Non-existent. When that happens, the email address is put on a temporary hold for 15 days (suspended). During this time our system will not attempt to send any campaigns to this address from any account. If an account attempts to send to a Suspended address, it will be included in that campaign's Suspended bounce category.

Emails can become suspended from any Constant Contact account sending email to it. So, even if you haven't sent to an address before, or if you've sent successfully to an address in the past; if the contact becomes Suspended in any Constant Contact account, it will become Suspended on your account. You can find more information on Suspended bounces by clicking here.

If you are experiencing valid email addresses continually bouncing as Suspended, I would recommend reaching out to our Deliverability department and they can investigate the issue further. You can find their contact information and availability by clicking here.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Taryn Leinweber

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

Hi Nichelle,

Thanks for your response. 

I have taken your suggestion and sent a list of 12 emails addresses to social_support.
 Let's see how that goes.  

To your comment, "it may not necessarily be any of your email campaigns that caused your contacts to be Suspended."...

Well, that could not have been LESS helpful! Of course it wasn't my campaign(s) that caused my contacts to be suspended. They are good emails address. In many cases, I have successfully sent to them for 3-4 YEARS. In fact, 11 of the 12 addresses I sent you have opened an email from me as recently as three months ago; some in the past 30 days (the 12th one opened 10 emails from me in 2017).

Again, these are long time regular readers and valued customers
(or WERE anyway).. 

FRUSTRATED WITH CONSTANT CONTACT!

CTCT Employee

Hello @Joel829,

Thank you for your reply!

I understand how this can be frustrating. Due to the way that bounces are sent back from the receiving side we are only given limited information as to why this happens. However, since these have bounced for non-existent or undeliverable multiple times we have suspended the addresses to protect both of our sending reputations (Constant Contact and our customers). 

Since you have sent an email with these addresses we will be sure to look into them and will be in contact with you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

-Curtis P

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Advisor

So, I've gone from frustrated to disgusted. 

Last time around, I got several redundant replies from Constant Contact, including a request to email SOCIAL_SUPPORT with the email addresses in question. I did - TEN DAYS AGO and have received NO RESPONSE.

Nothing. Crickets...

So basically, it just comes off as lip service. You don't solve the problem and the option you offer me is ignored by you, yet you come on this message board and mark the problem as solved. . 

For all intents and purposes, you're not only blocking me from some of my good clients, you're asking me to spend my valuable time combing through the bounced file, cutting and pasting email addresses that I KNOW ARE VALID into a message to you that is then ignored. Instead of working my client base and earning money, I'm jumping through hoops for nothing AND PAYING YOU for the privilege. 

#FAIL!
You're forcing me to explore other options. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @Joel829,

We are sorry for the confusion. I had looked into your account today and I have already sent you an email about what had happened. It looks like the email from our compliance department had gotten lost in your inbox or was missed somehow. I hope that you have received my communication as it includes instructions for getting this resolved. Thank you for your patience!

-Curtis P