cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

test emails are not arriving to our inbox

test emails are not arriving to our inbox

We send emails daily and there are some days when test emails just don't work and today is one of those days. I tried sending many times but I never get any of the test emails.
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: test emails are not arriving to our inbox

Hello @DavidS00,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can definitely understand the importance of receiving your test emails. After further researching your most recent campaigns, we have recognized a system issue that is currently under review. When creating a custom code email, there are specific character combinations that are interfering with receiving test emails. Here are the character combinations that are interfering with receiving test emails:

Character combinations: #{, $\{.

The workaround is to remove these characters from the email, and your tests will come through. Because these characters were located in a URL/Link in your email, we simply used a URL Shortener to change the URL. This will be the workaround in the meantime. I will be adding your account to a track, that will notify you via email once this issue is corrected. In the meantime, feel free to reach back out to us with any questions. 

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing