cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the email i sent go to spam box

Occasional Visitor

the email i sent go to spam box

Hello. i am using the try version. I try to send one campaign to 7 list, but 3 of them go to spam box. can you help me for this?
Tags (3)
30 REPLIES 30
Honored Contributor

Re: the email i sent go to spam box

There could be a reasons for that. 

Are the three being sent to the same mail domain?  i.e. Yahoo Gmail ?

Tony Schaefer
Let us consult with you on your project
Accredited CTCT GOLD Solution Provider
Constant Contact All Star 2009-2010-2011-2012
www.cliquemarketing.biz

test email went to spam

Hi The test email i sent myself went directly to spam, any help?
Tags (4)

Re: test email went to spam

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for posting, I am sorry to hear your test emails are going to Spam. There are several things to test in order to find out what is causing this. First, can you try sending a blank email to yourself as a test? If this goes to SPAM we will be able to rule out all of the content in your other email. Also, is the from address the same as the address you are sending to? If so, please test thing by changing the from email address on your next test email. This may be something that is only happening to you.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

"JunK" mail

So now I'm learning that not only don't I have any way of telling if someone read my e-mail on a mobile device (which I only discovered in a conversation with one of your very nice "helpers"), but that at least some e-mails sent through Constant Contact wind up, never read, in people's "junk" mails. I discovered the "junk" mail part in a conversation with a client, who insisted she'd never received my e-mail. (She then checked her "junk" mail, and. . .there it was. Both these things are very distressing. What are you doing to correct each? Thanks,
CTCT Employee

Re: "JunK" mail

Hello @SharonR525 ,  

I tested a couple of things within my own account to check on these issues for you.  I was able to open emails on my mobile device (I tested Yahoo, Gmail and my work email through Outlook - Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync on my Android device) and have them track within Constant Contact.  There needs to be an action taken from the mobile device so that an open can be tracked, this is also true with any email opened on a computer.  Here is more information about what we can track and what we cannot track.  

In regards to the email going to a Junk or Spam Folder, due to the different configurations that a user can set up on their email client we do not have a way to prevent this from happening.  By using Constant Contact you are sending using our reputation, which helps you to land in the inbox.  There are a few things you can do before sending your email to help with this as well.  You can make sure your subject line is optimized for deliverability, and use Authentication.  I hope that this helps, if you have any further questions let us know! 

Thanks,  

Occasional Participant

I just checked, and my "Authenticate" was turned off.  Shouldn't someone have mentioned this to me?

CTCT Employee

@SharonR525 

Our apologies if this message wasn't communicated sooner. Hopefully it did help resolve it the issue for you! If not, please don't hesitate to let us know and we will absolutely troubleshoot further.

Best,

Ian W

Community & Social Media Support Intern
Regular Visitor

Gmail account puts constantcontact send out in junk

I sent out a campaign last Wednesday and got 20% less opening rate and click rate than normal. I was surprised. I myself use gmail account and I have to search everywhere before I find out the send out to my own in junk box. Can you do something about it?
Tags (2)

Re: Gmail account puts constantcontact send out in junk

HI @PROD 

I am sorry to hear this happened! It's possible something in the content of your email caused it to go to a junk folder for you and some of your other contacts. Not all email clients will react the same so this might not apply to everyone. Is there anything different about this email? More images, capital letters?

I am happy to take a look for you, what is the name of the email in question?

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!