cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the email i sent go to spam box

Occasional Participant

CAMPAIGN DELIVERY TO SPAM BOX

Hello, We have noticed that the campaigns we send daily often get delivered to our subscriber/customer spam box. We would like to confirm what the issue and possible cause of this. We await your response.
Tags (3)

Re: CAMPAIGN DELIVERY TO SPAM BOX

HI @OsamedeE 

I am sorry to hear this is happening, I understand how important it is to make sure your emails are seen! Have you run a Spam Check on your email? This is available within your account and may help to identify what is causing the email to go to spam. This will be the first thing to try. If the Spam Check points out any issues you can work to resolve them before sending the email out.

What is the name of the email this is happening with so I can take a look?

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Hello Hannah,

Thanks for the response.

The subject of our email campaign that was delivered to our customer/subscriber spam box is "Enjoy N2,000 Discount Off any purchase on our Mother's Day Store! Shop Now!"

Regards.

Hi @OsamedeE 

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at the email you mentioned and here is what I found.

1. There is a low ratio of text to image. If possible, adding more text content to the email would reduce this.

2. The subject line is great and catchy but this might be causing the email to go to Spam. The combination of the exclamation points, the price, the words "Discount" and "Save Now" could be an issue. On their own these words are not at all an issue but combined it makes the email look more like a Spam email. We've got a list of words to avoid here if this will help

Lastly, I would highly suggest turning on your permission reminder. This will remind people of why they are getting your emails and help to reduce any manual spam reports. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Test emails go to spam.

Does this mean my real email blast will go to spam?
Tags (3)
Honored Contributor

Re: Test emails go to spam.

Hello @TerrenceT31

There are many different reasons that emails can go to Spam.  While a test email going into a Spam Folder does not necessarily mean that your real send will go to Spam, taking a second look is always a great idea.  We are happy to help test this with you to try to determine why the test email went into your Spam folder.  Can you please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post, the name of the email in your account, the username, the email address you are testing to, and the email client you are using?  Once we have this information we can do further testing. 

Also, here are a couple reasons that might cause a test email to go to Spam, but might not affect the full send:  

• The TEST ONLY text at the bottom in red
  • Sending multiple copies of a test email
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Campaign sent directly to spam?

Good morning. I sent an announcement out Friday to our internal team, nearly all with the same domain name. Only one person opened the mail, and he had to fish it out of his spam folder to do so. Both of the previews from that campaign that I sent to myself went directly to my spam folder, too. The "spam check" returned a "litle to no risk" analysis. I usually get far higher open percentages from this group.

The campaign isn't being blocked, but if it went directly to everyone's spam folders, that's a big concern. Our email service is via Google, and my private email address for the preview is a gmail account. I clicked "not spam" for both instances of the campaign, but I'm hoping you can help me address this problem before I send similar annoucements to much larger list.

Thanks,

Tim Elliott

Occasional Participant

Re: Campaign sent directly to spam?

Here's an update. My campaign went out using Constant Contact's 208.75.123.183 address. I just spoke with a Google support rep, and he confirmed that seven anti-spam vendors currently have that Constant Contact IP address blacklisted as a spammer. Apparently, that's why my campaign immediately got flagged as spam - the people I sent that email to will never see it unless they manually check their spam folders.

As an interim solution, I manually added all 61 of the Constant Contact IP addresses to our domain's whitelist. Here's a link to the list of the Constant Contact IP addresses in case you'd like to whitelist them for your domains: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5287-what-should-i-do-if-my-contact...

The universal fix will only happen when Constant Contact contacts the various anti-spam vendors and convinces them to remove the spammer flag from that IP address. Here's the blacklist link: http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a208.75.123.183&run=toolpage.

So, bottomline: If you're seeing your campaign opening stats drop significantly, check the email headers for the Constant Contact IP address, then check it for blacklisting. I hope this helps other Constant Contact customers and the Constant Contact team dedicated to staying off these lists.

Tim Elliott

Honored Contributor

It would be interesting to hear from you regarding any increase in SPAM as a result of your action.
Just a rough guess but I'd say there are quite a few thousand senders on each IP address and there're all not the good guys.
Occasional Participant

I appreciate your response. I added the other Constant Contact IP addresses with the thought they are variable, but if they're static, I can just whitelist the one our account is on. I can't seem to find the answer to whether CC uses fixed IP addresses. I'll send an inquiry to the ops@constantcontact.com address next.

I really need my campaigns to get through - having a zero percent open rate for an important email this week is unacceptable. Again, I appreciate your response, and I hope you'll share any other suggestions you might have about addressing this issue.

Tim