cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the email i sent go to spam box

Honored Contributor

Re: Campaign sent directly to spam?

They don't promise static IPs.
Remember you white listed the addresses on your domain. That doesn't mean that if you send outside your domain to other Google managed domains that use shared blacklists that they will get your email.

I've seen as many as 10 and as few as none on the IPSenderbase black list.

Here is a link to one of the site that list black lists.  I don't see your IP marked as blocked but it might not be all inclusive.

http://www.senderbase.org/lookup/?search_string=208.75.123.130%2F22

It's a battle CC fights continuously.

Occasional Visitor

My contacts are not able to receive newsletter sent by constant contact

The email goes to my contacts' spam folders. Is there something I can provide my IT department to resolve this issue? Please reply to 

Re: My contacts are not able to receive newsletter sent by constant contact

Hi @WendyT092

I am sorry to hear that your contacts aren't getting your emails. There are lots of pieces involved in delivering your email so this can require some troubleshooting.

First, did the contacts complaining that they didn't get the email bounce? If so, this is how to troubleshoot.,

If they didn't bounce, are they all from the same domain? If so, do you have a contact at that domain that might be able to whitelist Constant Contact so your emails are delivered? Here's how to do this.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Emails we send are primarily being directed to spam folders. Even when sent to our own employees.

Not sure why this is. It does not happen when we email directly from our email accounts. Only when using the constant contact platform.
Tags (3)

Re: Emails we send are primarily being directed to spam folders. Even when sent to our own employees

HI @ScottZ78

Thanks for posting. Have you tried sending yourself (or others at the company) a blank template through Constant Contact? This will help determine if the content is causing a problem. Also, do you have access to the network that these emails are being sent to? If so, we would highly suggest whitelisting Constant Contact's sending IP addresses to make sure emails are delivered to the inbox. Check out this FAQ for more on this process.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor

Spam

I had a recipient receive the latest email marked as likely being spam. Is this common? What can be done? Thanks, Pete
Tags (2)

Re: Spam

Hi @PeteD53

You're asking a great question, so I hope I can help shed some light on it. Constant Contact sends out your emails which are then received by many different email clients. Email clients have filters that they use to block or trap potential spam, and the settings and criteria for those filters can vary greatly. Some filters have greater restrictions- so an email that might go through to one person's inbox may end up in another person's spam folder. For instance, a business or a school might have stricter settings on their spam filters as opposed to a personal email address. This FAQ goes over some common things that identify emails as spam, so please take a look to see if there's anything that might help indicate what happened with your campaign. 

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
Occasional Visitor

Emails going to spam

I know that constantcontact is a whitelisted marting website. However my emails to any gmail ID go to spam or junk folders. Please help Thanks
Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Re: Emails going to spam

Hello @HuzaifaS

Thank you for reaching out to us! We have a few FAQs you can review to see if there are Common Phrases that Trigger Spam Filters or you can try to Optimize the Subject Line in a Campaign Email. You may also want to consider turning on Constant Contact Authentication. This can help ISPs recognize your email as legitimate, and not a scammer email, by authenticating your account. 

If you find you would like to discuss this further, we do have a dedicated team you can reach out to for suggestions on how to avoid the spam/junk folder. 

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
All Star

Re: Emails going to spam

Dear