cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to add contacts

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

unable to add contacts

running Windows 7 and Microsoft Starter 2010 unable to load my Linked In, Gmail and Outlook contacts using software
Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: unable to add contacts

Hello @SpencerW20 

When you're trying to load these contacts, what steps are you taking and what software are you using to get them into Constant Contact? This information will be helpful in order to get you the correct directions on how to upload from each account. 

Otherwise, LinkedIn has a detailed FAQ on their help page which you could follow to get an excel file of your contacts. With Google and Outlook, we do offer a few options to get these contacts imported. 

While on your contacts page if you select the Add Contacts button you will see a drop down menu of options:

2015-03-02_1202.png

If you choose to Import from Google, you will be brought to a screen where you can enter in your Username and Password.

2015-03-02_1202_001.png

From there you can choose which contacts you want to import and what list you would like them to move to. You can also export them to an excel file and import through Add a File. We have additional instructions here: Add Contacts from Google

If you need to import from Outlook, we have a tool under Import from other apps called QuickImport, if you meet all of these system requirements you can download and install this software to sync directly into your Constant Contact account. You may also export your Outlook contacts to an excel file as well, more instructions on how to do so here: Export Contacts from Microsoft Outlook.

I hope this helps! If not please reply back. Let us know some detailed steps you are taking and where exactly you are running into a problem during the import process. 

Thank you

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.