cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
You deserve the best.
Beginning Saturday 2/15 we will be upgrading our phone system to ensure we are providing you with the best possible experience.
Due to this upgrade, we will be limited to Chat support only on Saturday from 10-8 pm ET.
On Monday, President's Day, we plan to have both Chat and Phone support available from 10-6 pm ET on the new system.
Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

unsubscribe issue

All Star

unsubscribe issue

Is there any way to tell if a person has been unsubscribed after the fact?

I tried to add an email address to an unsubscribed person, and it would not let me, has a weird error, see screenshot;

http://screencast.com/t/sD9TNkTGmvY

The error told me she was already in the system, but her email was not.  It took a support person to tell me why and what she needed to do to get back in.

thanks always,

Michelle

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: unsubscribe issue

Hello @MichelleM551 and welcome to the Community!

Great question and I'm glad the rep you spoke with was able to illuminate why the error message was occurring.

Assuming this contact was not also deleted, we do provide you with a list of unsubscribed contacts under Contact Management.

2016-10-25_18-24-09.png

And, if you want to see any unsubscribed contacts that were also deleted from the system once you're on the Unsubscribed list you can click on "Export" at the top of the list and choose "Exported deleted unsubscribed."

2016-10-25_18-26-06.png

The exported contacts can be downloaded on the Activity page, which can be found at the top of the page.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.