cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unsubscribed

unsubscribed

We have learned that when a member forwards our newsletter to another email and the recipient hits unsubscribe then our member becomes unsubscribed.  There should be some parameters set up to stop this from happening.  Our members are becoming unsubscribed and then have to re-subscribe again, this is not okay and we will have to look into other options.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: unsubscribed

Hello @JaneR713,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. The unsubscribe link is modified for each person that you send to directly, so it should include the recipient's email directly in the unsubscribe link. When someone clicks the link they are taken to a page where that same email address is again displayed, before they click the 'unsubscribe' button a second time to confirm that's what they want.

If some contacts are forwarding your emails to people who do not want to receive your content, then it is quite possible for them to get unsubscribed from your list by one of the people they are forwarding to. 

I can definitely start a feature request for another method of how to handle that. Do you have any suggestions for how to solve this dilemma that I can pass on to our development team?

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.