cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update preferences

Occasional Contributor

update preferences

Can our email subscribers update their preferences without clicking on unsubscribe or receiving additional emails? The system to update profile is cumbersome, time consuming and not intuitive. 

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: update preferences

Hi @CPW1977,

Thanks for your feedback about this, and I will forward it to our developers. Currently, the only way for a contact to update his/her preferences is to click on the Update Profile link in the footer of your email campaign:

2017-03-02_12-50-45.png

Make sure it's turned on in the Email Footer section of My Settings, and that you customize it so it's easy for your contacts to change their preferences. I hope this helps!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nichelle,

Yes, thank you.  It is turned on for our emails, but I have to say that this is NOT an easy way for people to update their preferences.  It is very round-a-bout. Having to click it and then confirm their email and then open another email, that is very time consuming.  It should be more user-friendly. A simple link for update preferences would be better.  They can do so more immediately via the unsubscribe but what organization/company wants to direct their readership towards an unsubscribe link??

Thank you, I hope this will encourage an improved option.

Hello @CPW1977,

We really appreciate your specific feedback on how this feature can be improved. It's great insight for our developers to review as they map out future updates for the product. I have tracked it in your account for them to see.

I also encourage you to check out our Feedback area of the Community where you can post any additional feedback you have and chime in with other customers sharing their ideas.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!