cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

what happened to your website 4/2017

Visitor

what happened to your website 4/2017

my constant contact website has been working great until this weekend, after the last time the site was worked on. It is slow as molasses, frozen, what gives? Please give us my old Constant Contact website back.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: what happened to your website 4/2017

Hello @RhondaR57. I'm sorry that you were having trouble while working in your account this weekend. I'd like to ask a few followup questions:

• What browser were you using? Did you try using a different browser or even a private/incognito window?
  • Were you on a wired or wireless connection?
  • Did you test your internet speed? For the best experience, Constant Contact works best with an upload and download speed of 2 mbps.

If you could get us this information, that would be very helpful.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Why is Constant Contacts so slow?

Why is Constant Contacts so slow?

Re: Why is Constant Contacts so slow?

Hello @RandallS174. I apologize that you were having trouble with your account. I'd like to ask a few questions to find out what was going on exactly.

• What browser were you using? Did you try using a different browser or even a private/incognito window?
  • Were you on a wired or wireless connection?
  • Did you test your internet speed? For the best experience, Constant Contact works best with an upload and download speed of 2 mbps.

If you could get us this information, that would be very helpful!

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

I have a download speed of 31.08 and an upload speed of 6.29.  Constant Contact is the slowest thing I've ever seen.  Clearly, you are not keeping up on your end.  What is the solution?  I'm updating hundreds of records and it is maddingly slow.   We are going to switch vendors if this is not fixed.  

CTCT Employee

Hi @CMPTA,

I do apologize for the slowness that you are experiencing. I can understand how the slowness can drag any timed projects and plans. There a couple of things you could to do try to resolve the slowness of website:

1. Try different browsers
  2. Adjusting Privacy Settings - Usually, when our platform works in one browser as opposed to another, it's because of some security setting within the browser itself which is causing the failing of the browser. 
  3. Incognito/ Safe Mode - Going through this mode disables any add-ons that are installed within the browser which could have certain coding that is interfering with the connectivity of our website.
  4. Clear Cache and Close Browser - By clearing the cache you remove any sort of old information that could be causing the website to reference old information, causing slowness.

Please reach out to us if these steps did not resolve the slowness. 

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
CTCT Employee

Hi @CMPTA,

I also forgot to mention that if these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, I can open up a ticket for our Upper Level Support (T2) to investigate further as well. Please keep us informed of what results from the troubleshooting. Thank you!

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing