Did you mean: 

where do I add my google analytics tag?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

where do I add my google analytics tag?

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: where do I add my google analytics tag?

Hello @RubenJ5,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

The best way to use Google Analytics with Constant Contact is to create URLs using the Google Analytics URL Builder. This will allow you to track your web links using Google Analytics. I hope this helps!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Can you confirm there used to a place in Constant Contact where we could give a name to the campaign for Google Analytics, and this is no longer supported in the new templates?  I checked and it still exists in the grandfathered template. 

Hi @owenl00

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We can confirm at this time the ability to add google analytics tags is not currently available in the newest Third Generation Editor. The workaround mentioned previously in this thread creating URLs using a Google Analytics URL Builder is what we suggest in the meantime. This will allow you to track your web links using Google Analytics. We have also submitted your feedback on having a feature like this in the meantime.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Surprised that you guys wouldn't see this as vital to the roll out of this generation of the platform given that measurement is paramount in this day and age, especially within the space you serve- marketing.

Have to be honest, you guys are starting to be increasingly frustrating and other platforms allow for much more.... catch up or get left behind.

So your advice to use Google URL builder is great.  But, you give absolutely no instruction as to how to use this in practice.  Please provide instructions on your suggested GA integration. What I want to know is how many people go onto our site from the email.  I am not interested in having each link within the email tracked.  I just want an over arching number.

Hi @CraigG853

I apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused from Google Analytics not being an available feature. I would be happy to share some basic instructions for our workaround. We suggest using Google's Campaign URL builder to create these Google Analytics links outside of your Constant Contact account. Once you have these links they can then be inserted into your email as regular links.

However I do want to mention at this time, because we do not support this integration we cannot provide any documentation of these clicks. 

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!