where do I edit templates

Occasional Contributor

where do I edit templates

this is awful, its a major feature I cant find in any menus
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: where do I edit templates

Hi @TomG12,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for any confusion with where to go to get started with selecting an email template. I see in your account that you already worked with another support representative via chat regarding this. I will also post here in the Community just in case anyone else has the same question!

To select an email template, start from the Home or Campaigns tab and click Create, then select Email:

2017-03-10_13-13-40.png

From here you can search by key words for a particular format or theme, and then preview and select a template to customize:

2017-03-10_13-18-31.png

I hope this helps!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted

Thanks for posting this here for others!

One more question on this, I'm wondering how (or if its possible) to edit a template outside of starting from scratch with a blank email.

We have an campaign fully built out for a regular newsletter that needs some edits to the template (button text is in hot pink, heading styles are wrong). Now we duplicate that campaign and change out content rather than start from scratch each time. But, the styles are off so adding a new button or heading means adjusting every time. It looks like in order to save an email as a template it should be a sent campaign, but then are those styles editable? How?

Second, the instructions here (https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/6386-save-an-email-campaign-as-a-ma...) look different than the options I'm seeing under actions. Help?

Hello @PatJ4. Thanks for reaching out to us. The article that you read about saving sent campaigns as templates is only applicable to campaigns that were created using our second-generation editor. I looked in your account and saw that you are using our newest editor, called the third-generation editor, to create your emails. Although you are not able to save these emails as templates, I suggest creating a folder for your templates and then moving your campaign into a folder so you can access it quickly and make copies of it in order to make those changes. I will submit your feedback about having the ability to save an email as a template over to the correct team. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!