SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

won't let me login to new google account

can access my google acct via separate login but not through constant contact
4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: won't let me login to new google account

Hello @AltonG7 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing your google contacts. I just have a few questions for you

• At what point are you running into a problem?
  • Are you receiving any error messages?

Having this information will be extrememly helpful. 

Thank you

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
CTCT Employee

Re: won't let me login to new google account

Hey @AltonG7 

I did some investigating and it's possible you may have 2-step verification turned on within your Google account. If you go into your Google account settings you should see an option for 2-Step veriication and make sure this says off. If it's turned on, you may have some trouble trying to access that Google account within another product. 

Let me know if this works for you, otherwise we can further troubleshoot this issue for you. 

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

I have entered my gmail username 10 times and it won't accept my username and password.

I had to change my password because I got locked out. Why won't it accept my gmail username and password? I am extremely pissed right now!!!

Re: I have entered my gmail username 10 times and it won't accept my username and password.

Hi @TonyS694 

I am very sorry to hear of the frustrations. Are you trying to import your Gmail contacts into Constant Contact? If so, you might be getting this error because you have two step Authentication turned on. Please login to gmail and turn this off and it should allow you to access the account through Constant Contact. 

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!