cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wont let youtube links to be copied and pasted into a video to embeed.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

wont let youtube links to be copied and pasted into a video to embeed.

doesn't work
Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: wont let youtube links to be copied and pasted into a video to embeed.

Hi @DonaldY,

I'm sorry you can't get a link to your video added to an email campaign but I'm glad you reached out. Please know the video feature will not work with videos that have:

- Shortened URLs - You cannot alter the video URL with any link shortener (not even with YouTube's own URL shortener.)

- Private Settings - If you've made your video private or if it requires a password or sharing permissions, you'll have to either make it public or manually insert the video by taking a screenshot and making it a clickable link.

- Links to Your YouTube Profile - Your official YouTube channel page URL starts like this, "http://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/user/...". The insert feature can't link to a channel and has to have the URL for a specific video. To get the correct YouTube link, click the title for the video on your official YouTube channel page. The page will relaunch to play the video - this URL is the one to copy.

- Copyrighted Material not Viewable in the U.S. - Copyright holders are able to bar IP addresses from certain countries from playing their videos. If you include a YouTube video that doesn't allow playback in the U.S., the player will be black with the following message, "This video contains content from [copyright holder], who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

I hope this helps!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!