cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

word processing on emails

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

word processing on emails

IT SUCKS WORST EVER. TOLD YOU SEVERAL TIMES HOW ERRATIC IT IS AND NO ONE CARES. ALL YOU DO IS ACT LIKE THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME.
Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: word processing on emails

Hi @RichardS46971,

I’m so sorry to hear about the formatting issues you’re experiencing when creating emails. Could you please tell us a little more about how you create your emails and what erratic behavior you’re seeing so that we can better understand and assist? Generally speaking, when formatting and the like go awry it has to do with how the email is created and how the content is supplied. Here are some of the most common reasons erratic formatting can happen and what we recommend doing:

• Make sure to clear styles in text that is copied and pasted from another source. If you’re using our 3GE editor this should happen automatically. The reason for this is that when you copy and paste text it can carry over some “invisible” code that could end up being read by different email clients and so the email will look different than intended. Also, make sure that web safe fonts are being used.

• Take a look at this article which explains known HTML and display issues across different email clients. Does this explain some of the behavior you’re seeing? For example, certain email clients do not automatically show images, others might not display gifs, etc.

• When aligning blocks, text, or images in your email use tables (our 2nd generation editor) or the drag and drop feature in our 3GE editor. Aligning text and images in email campaigns by using the enter key or various pushes of the space bar will not work properly. Using those keys to center and align content in an email campaign will cause it to not stack or display properly across various devices.

These are a handful of the most common things that can cause erratic behavior in your campaign formatting. I hope they help, but again, if you could please provide more specifics we’ll be able to better assist. If you do not want to post these details publicly then please send us an email at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com including your username, a reference to this post, and any necessary details and we’ll take a look and get back to you. Thank you!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.