cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADA Compliance & ALT Text on Images

Highlighted

ADA Compliance & ALT Text on Images

Hi, I created a series of emails called "BRC". I designed the emails in illustrator because I wanted to use branded fonts and some other design elements and uploaded the images to CC. So the majority of the email is an image. I wanted to add alt text for all text in the images for seeing-impaired people but I noticed that there is a character limit for the alt text for images. So I had to shorten what the alt text said versus what the image actually said. Can you please extend or remove the character limit on the alt text? So if I include a block of text in an image I can put that same text in the alt text so that seeing-impaired people can have their screen reader read it and our emails our more ADA compliant?
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: ADA Compliance & ALT Text on Images

Hello @BethE0,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to the character count limitation. We have replied to your request via email but wanted to also post this answer here as there might be other people who also experience this, and wanted to leave it here for future references. 

At the time there is currently a limit on the characters that you can insert for that option, a limit of 256 characters. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. Although this is something we cannot change at the time, we have submitted your feedback to the correct department for review. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you today. Have a great Friday!

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing