cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a button that actually does something in a Constant Contact mailing..

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Adding a button that actually does something in a Constant Contact mailing..

As it is impossible to get any support from Constant Contact I am hoping that someone here can help me.

I am doing a mailing (19,000) people and I have created a Campaign layout.  I want to add a button to the mailing which will automatically inform me that someone has pressed the button and who was the recipient to do so.

I want to be able to label the button with things such as "send me a datasheet" or "opt-in for future mailings" and so on.

I simply want to be able to get feed-back from the button being pressed.

It looks like this is no possible?  Why?  Help!

Thanks

Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Adding a button that actually does something in a Constant Contact mailing..

Hi @ThomasD977,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult time in reaching our support lines. You are able to view who has clicked on the a button that is linked in your email campaign within the Reporting page. Once the email campaign has been sent out, you can refer to email campaign's reporting page and you can see how many clicks you have accumulated for the whole email campaign. To access this page, click on Reporting on the top menu bar. After, scroll down to the email campaign that you have sent out. Then, click on the click-through-rate number and you will be directed to the Click page. On the right side of the page you will see the Display option. You can display the clicks by URL, which will list the Link URL that was used, the total unique number of clicks for that link, and the distribution it had. If you switch the display by Contacts you will see the email address of who was the person that clicked the link, the date and time of when it happened, and finally which links they clicked on. For more information on this, please click here. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Contributor

Re: Adding a button that actually does something in a Constant Contact mailing..

Thank you for coming back to me.

I am not sure if you have answered my question.

I am looking to add a button and not a link.  The button should not take the reader to some other place, although it is starting to look like it might have to.  I want the user to press the button and stay on the same page.  The button should then inform me of the fact that someone pressed it.

If this is not possible then maybe a pop up  message should appear thanking the person for clicking (or some such, message) and have an Exit button to go back to the email.

In any case I need to know who pressed which button.

How would I do this?

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @ThomasD977,

Thank you for your response!

I am sorry if we had not answered your question. Hopefully with what we have already given you and this information about how to add a button. We will be able to help you in reaching a solution. Typically a button in an email or web communication is simply a link that has been designed to be aesthetically pleasing. The only way to make a button that does what you are referring to, is to create a button that goes to a link that displays a thank you page or message on a website. This will then give you the click reporting to see who had clicked on this button. I hope that this helps!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Ok.  I get it.

But it seems strange to me that the customer needs to involve a web browser in the process of pressing a button in an email.

I will work will work with this..

Thomas

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hi @ThomasD977,

We appreciate hearing from you about this and do apologize for any confusion. Using a button with a call-to-action does require a link so that the reporting can be captured. Please let us know if you need any further assistance!

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.