Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoresponses that send when users do NOT click a link/open the email

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Autoresponses that send when users do NOT click a link/open the email

Hi everyone, thanks for helping :smileyface: I'm new to Constant Contact, so please forgive me if this is a simple fix I haven't yet found. 

I'm setting up an autoresponder for people who've expressed interest in my service. The email sends them to set up an interview in Calandly. I know how to put those into a list segment for future auto emails. 

Here's the problem...

How do I send a reminder email to those that did NOT click the link through to calandly (or even open the email). Once people get segmented to another list are they removed from the previous list's automation emails? 

Thanks for your time and attention!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Autoresponses that send when users do NOT click a link/open the email

Hi @Happiness 

We see you also sent us a private message on Twitter about this as well. Although we have offered assistance through there, we wanted to share our answer here in the Community too! From the details you have given, creating contact segments would be the best option. You can create these segments based on who did not open or did not click your link. The good news is contacts in a segment do not get removed from any lists they may already be on.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Hi Frankie, 

I've delved a bit deeper into this and created segments as suggested. 

Now I've run into a new problem. I can't seem to send a segment and automated email (when they are automatically added to the segment). I've read this article on adding segments to lists: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/26098-Add-a-Segment-to-a-Contact-Li...

But it says you need to keep refreshing and adding in the future. AKA it's not automatic? 

Any suggestions? I simply want to send an automatic response to NEW members on the list, and then follow that up with a reminder if they don't open/click the email. 

Thanks!

Hi @Happiness. That is correct: segments are not automatically updated and do need to be manually refreshed. Based on your situation, I think the best approach would be to refresh the segment and add the segment to a list created for those who did not click on the link in the interview email. The list will then be updated with any new contacts from the updated segment. If you create an automated reminder email linked to that list, every time you update the segment/list, new contacts to the list will receive the automated email.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.