KevinK10
Rookie
0 Votes

5 REPLIES 5
Curtis_P
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @KevinK10,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

It is very easy to unsubscribe a contact manually. First visit the Contacts page and search for the contact that you wish to unsubscribe. Click on the name of the contact that you wish to unsubscribe. You will then need to click on "edit" near the contact email address.

Contact_Edit_Step4.png

From this menu you will be able to manually unsubscribe this contact. Be sure to click "Save" to finalize the changes.

Here is a link to full instructions if you need further assistance.

I hope that this was helpful!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
MitchS438
Rookie
0 Votes

There is no longer a link that says 'Permission to Send' there.  Please advise. 

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @MitchS438 

It appears the screenshot in our previously reply is now outdated. This section of the contacts' detail pages has since been updated and even includes an edit button now.

2020-03-16_17-11-03.png

Do you see this edit button on your contact's detail page? If so, clicking "edit" will give you the drop-down to select unsubscribe. We have also updated our previous response to reflect this chance.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
WeAreAdaptive
Rookie
0 Votes

What happens if I unsubscribe someone manually...

1. ... can I subscribe them back again somehow?
  2. ... and then delete them? If I upload that contact again, will still be unsubscribed and I will therefore not be able to send them any campaigns?

Thanks in advance,

Natalia

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @WeAreAdaptive ,

Whether a contact is unsubscribed by you or by their own actions, they'll be marked as unsubscribed from you. Any unsubscribed contacts re-uploaded will be separated from the other contacts, and kept as unsubscribed.

If you need them resubscribed, there are a few different ways to go about doing it. If you're not on the new contacts beta, there should be a resubscribe option available in the individual contact's page. This method will send an automated email to the contact's email address, with a unique, coded link for them to click and confirm their re subscription. 

If you're on the contacts beta, or the contact is unable to click the link in that email for whatever reason, they can also manually sign back up via a sign up form you created (inline, pop-up, or landing page). 

There is a last resort option that requires you getting an email directly from the contact stating they wish to be resubbed, and then reaching out to our List Review team for further guidance on an override. 

All three of the methods mentioned above help us establish a paper trail of the contact signing back up, which is necessary since there are legal and Compliance elements related to unsubscribing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST