cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change appearance of from line so it is not so long See message for example

Occasional Participant

Change appearance of from line so it is not so long See message for example

The from line - as shown below has the senders name but then a really long email followed by on behalf of... is there a way for the marylindsay@virgini.....com not to show up?  She is the account holder but it makes the from line so long and confusing as to who is sending the email.

Test email.JPG

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Change appearance of from line so it is not so long See message for example

Hello and thank you for reaching out to the Community! The email address in question here is part of your account’s Authentication. The option to edit that email address can be found on your My Settings page where you can shorten it to help with any future confusion.

Antonas_S
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

It doesn't look like I can just shorten it.  When I did my test emails were not received.  But when I changed it back to what it was originally they were sent and received.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Mary LindsayW-302872209,

When you change your authenticated address, there's a number of change that have to happen throughout our system to accommodate that new authentication.  Any changes require about 24 hours to take effect, and during that time you would be unable to send a live-campaign, and your test emails would not be delivered.  It sounds like you had shortened it correctly, and just hadn't waited the 24 hours for the system to update with your changes so you could send your test.  I hope that helps!

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thank you! It works now!

CTCT Employee

Hello @Mary LindsayW-302872209,

We are so glad that we were able to help you get this resolved! Please reach back out to us with anymore questions or concerns. Have a great rest of your day! 

Zoe_H