cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed Opt In - does it apply to event registrants or manual uploads?

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Confirmed Opt In - does it apply to event registrants or manual uploads?

Hi there,

I understand that if I enable Confirmed Opt In, a confirmation email will be sent to anyone who uses our CC-generated sign up form on our website.

But I'm not clear on if opt in confirmation emails will be sent in the following scenarios:

1. Someone registers for an event on our Constant Contact Event Registration landing page and clicks the "subscribe me to your newsletter" checkbox. 
  2. We manually upload emails to a contact list.

Thanks for any clarification

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Confirmed Opt In - does it apply to event registrants or manual uploads?

Hello @Healthevents

Thanks for joining us in the Community! We certainly understand why it's helpful to understand how exactly contacts confirm on your list.

When contacts request to be added to your mailing list while registering for an event, they would be sent the confirmed opt-in email as it would be similar to them using a sign-up form. Also, when manually adding contacts to your account, these contacts would not receive this email as they did not join your list using a sign-up form.  

Please let us know if you need further assistance and have a great weekend! 

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the clarification Brian!

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @Healthevents

You are very welcome! Please let us know if anything else comes up. 

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!