cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty creating a static, separated column on left or right side of message

Occasional Contributor

Difficulty creating a static, separated column on left or right side of message

I'd like to create a long, obviously separated column on one side of my e-mail, containing important static information (as part of a monthly newsletter for a City government). I've attached a screenshot of an example of what I'm trying to do. Unfortunately, I've spent hours trying to create something similar to this example and have not been successful. Any advice would be appreciated! 

FV_Newsletter.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Difficulty creating a static, separated column on left or right side of message

Hi @FirstNameL935497,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. It is possible to create a two column campaign within the editor. To access some of the layouts, click on Campaigns. Then select the campaign that you wish to edit by clicking on the title. On the editing screen, click on Build and then scroll down and click and drag the two-column layout. You should then be able to drag and drop the blocks listed under the Build tab within each respective column as you please.  For more information on creating a two-column layout click here.  However, at this time we do not have the ability to have two different background colors for each column. If you change the background color of the column it will change it for both. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in not having this feature, but I hope this information helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Contributor

Re: Difficulty creating a static, separated column on left or right side of message

Hi Lucas_D, Thanks for taking the time to reply. You have hit the nail on the head with my troubles, as I had no problem creating a two-column layout, but every time I tried to "fill" one column with a different color, it fills the whole thing with the same color which defeats the purpose. I really wanted to create a right-side column with a different color for that static information, and it's been very frustrating. Since you're saying this isn't possible, then how did they create the example I included? Is it custom coding or some other solution? Perhaps this is something CTCT should look into?

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @FirstNameL935497,

Thank you for your reply. The color is intended to fill the entire section that you are changing. However, being able to change the color of each side is a great idea! We will be sure to submit this feedback to the appropriate teams for further consideration.

The screenshot that you had provided was created in our legacy editor and would not be possible in the Third Generation Editor. The side column templates had been discontinued when the new editing platform was released.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!