cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Link

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Re: Dynamic Link

We would like to use Dynamic links as well.  Can you add me to the list of people requesting this feature?

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hello @DaveAlleg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! We would love to add you to the list of people requesting this feature. Please email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com your username and a reference to this post so we can submit your feedback. We also suggest that you submit your request in our feedback section. Your feedback will go straight to our engineering team! 

Thank you and have a wonderful day! 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Seriously, what are we paying for, this thread is a year down the line and still no dynamic link. I just copied an pasted 400 emails to give my users their unique links ????

CTCT Employee

@user27407

I will be happy to submit your feedback to our engineering team. In the meantime, we do have a workaround available that you are welcome to try. 

If you put the entire code in to the custom field instead of only the dynamic variable you can insert contact details from the custom field and that will allow the link to be dynamic for each contact. Take a look at the article Personal Contact Details for a Custom Code Email for steps on how to do this. For example, you would put something like this in your custom field: http://www.yourdomainhere.com/$Subscriber.Email$

Thanks for reaching out in the Community and providing your feedback.

Have a great day!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

Can you elaborate on this workaround?  Will this workaround allow you to have a link where the display text says "click here" or what have you, and the target for the link is a custom field with data like http://www.yourdomainhere.com/blahblahblah

CTCT Employee

Hi @JuliM4

Thanks for reaching out for clarification on this as I'm sure other customers have this same question too!

To answer your question, no it will not allow you to add a "click here" type link, it will pull in the whole link from the custom field. But that would be a great option to have!

Thanks!

Alex S.