cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Email body is BLANK after forwarding

Email body is BLANK after forwarding

I created a product release announcement from a template in Constant Contact. The email looks great in my inbox when sent directly from Constant Contact;  however, it appears blank when I forward it. The text is visible in my Sent Items folder. It is a white (plain) background with black text. It doesn't get any simpler than that! Knowing that forwarding emails is pretty common practice, how can I ensure that my text stays visible if recipients decide to forward it? 

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Email body is BLANK after forwarding

Hi @MarketingC731

Thank you for coming to the Community! Display changes when emails are forwarded is something our support is troubleshooting further. After testing one of your most recent campaigns, I was unable to replicate this same experience. Because of this we would like to collect a few more details. For instance,  what email client was the email forwarded from? What email client was the forwarded email received at? These details along with the name of your campaign and any screenshots would be very helpful.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

Hi Frankie, 

Thanks for your reply. I was forwarding from Outlook to other Outlook users within our organization. This does not appear to be the case for all campaigns. I also forwarded to my personal email (Gmail) and it appeared just fine. 

Hi @MarketingC731 

I'm happy to hear your email did display correctly in this different email client. So thank you for sharing these details with us! I have updated the ticket in your account to include this information. While we do not currently have a time estimate of when this will be resolved, you were successfully added to our queue to be notified when it is.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

Have there been any updates to this issue? I am having a similar problem with my campaigns. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @JonL01,

Thank you for letting us know that this is happening to you as well. I will track your feedback on your account for our engineers to review. I apologize that you are having a similar experience and we do not have an update on this yet. Which email client is this campaign being received and forwarded to? We are still currently working with specific clients to find a fix. Thank you! 

Zoe H.