cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding contact lists from an outgoing campaign

All Star

Excluding contact lists from an outgoing campaign

I have a general contact list that includes contacts from other lists. There are times where I want to email to that general list and "exclude" another list so that I don't send a campaign to certain clients of mine. Just a simple "exclude this list" button would be great.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Excluding contact lists from an outgoing campaign

Hi @JohnH8354

Thanks for posting. It sounds like tags might help in your situation. You can tag contacts within your account and keep them on a list. For example, you may tag some contacts with the tag of your choice (let's use "VIP Contacts" as an example") and then narrow down your sending to just those people. This would exclude anyone without the tag. This is considered "limiting by tag". Would this work in your situation? 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Visitor

Hi - Most of our contacts are not tagged at this point or have multiple tags.  It would be very helpful to be able to exclude by tag.  Is this possible yet?  I've seen posts dating back to 2013 requesting this but don't see an option for this within constant contact.

Hello @DaphneS7. At this time, the editor you are currently using to create your campaigns does not have the ability to exclude by tag. You would have to create a list of these contacts by using Advanced Search. You can narrow them down by selecting the list and excluding a certain tag or all tags.

excludetaglist.png

However, our next-generation editor does have this feature where you can send to contacts who do not have a tag. If you would like, we can turn on this editor for you so you can take advantage of this feature.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.