cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding paypal option

Finding paypal option

I know I saw a paypal option earlier today and now Ihave spent over an hour and can not find it again. I created a paypal button with three options and would like to insert it into an email I am sending.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Finding paypal option

@RoseannH7 

I am glad to lend a hand with this situation! So the first thing I would have you do is click on "My Account" and then "My Settings." Now towards the top of the page you will see an option reading "Email Features." Once you select this option one of the main blocks in this next page will read "PayPal Setup."

paypal2.png

From here you will enter your email address associated with your PayPal account and then save.

Now you can go into an email you're working on and select which block you'd like the button to go into. Now on the lefft hand side your options will read "Insert, Images, Social." Under insert about halfway down you will see an "PayPal" option. Click here and  insert your button!

paypal.png

The code that is generated by PayPal has some aspects to it that don't work with our system so it is better to create your PayPal button directly from within our system! If you have any other questions about how to proceed, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

Best,

Ian W

Updated on 8/25/2016

Community & Social Media Support Intern
All Star

why cant I find the box with the paypal in - the one that says image, social etc... 

Tags (1)
Occasional Visitor

Please help me too! My home screen looks NOTHING like the one show here. Most of these options don't exist and I can't even get access to the "left-hand side optiosn" shown in the picture. That box simply doesn't exist!

HELP!

Tags (1)

Hello @SarahH74 and @MarkE700. It look like both of your accounts are using our new next-generation editor which certainly does look different from our previous editor! At this time, there is no option to include a PayPal button from within this editor. What I can suggest for the time being is to create a link from your PayPal account to include in your email. If you would like, you can also find an image of a PayPal button and make it linkable to your PayPal page like in the image below.

clickableimage3ge.png

I am going to track your feedback with your request for a PayPal Payment option in our newer editor and send this over to our product team. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

On the line to Constant contact right NOW and they have turned off the old editor which I think is rather ... sorry to offend.  But they will give me back the old features which are so much better.  Good luck to you and thanks to the nice chap who is helping me

Hi @SarahH74. I'm glad to hear that you are getting the help you need through our Support team. I did submit feedback for you in regards to the Paypal button. Please let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

Caitlin,

How could this new editor in any way be descibed as 'next-generation' when it robs everyone of the functionality which we all signed up for?

Cut and paste links? Find a button? Really??? When the option to put a Paypal button should be (and used to be!!!!) right inside the editor? You must agree that this so-called update is a MASSIVE step backwards?

Please get your team to switch me to the old editor as soon as possible, or include all the old functions in the same way as they have for User @SarahH74 above...

Thanks,

ME

Hello @MarkE700. I have just sent you an email to the contact email on your account in regards to this issue and with more information about what we can do to assist you. Thank you for using Constant Contact!

Caitlin M.