cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding a campaign/newsletter in Outlook

Occasional Visitor

Forwarding a campaign/newsletter in Outlook

I am new to Constant Contact, and have designed an email campaign. I have been working on the campaign constantly and now have it looking just how i want it. However, now that i am done i have done a couple test emails, and the actual email that i receive is very distorted compared to what i create online. Even one of the pictures does not show up on the email.

Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Forwarding a campaign/newsletter in Outlook

Hi @JedW20 

I apologize this is happening with your email when it is being forwarded. What exactly are you seeing distorted in your email? Was this email both forwarded from and received in Outlook? Do you see any changes when sending directly from Constant Contact? After downloading the images in my Outlook inbox I was unable to replicate this same experience. Changes in an email when it is forwarded is caused by the sending client, so it can sometimes appear different on the other end. These details and any screenshots you may have will be very helpful to have. This is something we are continuing to troubleshoot. I have also tracked this experience in your account and added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

Hi Frankie,

Sorry the problem is not happening when forwarding the email, somehow i titles my post wrong. The problem is - whenever i send an email campaign directly from the ConstantContact website, it appears very distorted when viewed in outlook (offline) however i just realized that the formatting is correct when I open the email from my Outlook Web App (online). I have attached one screenshot of what the email looks like as i have designed it and one of what it looks like on the receiving end in outlook.

Thanks for your help!

snip1.PNGsnip2.PNG

Highlighted

Hi @JedW20 

Thank you for helping to clarify this! What version of Outlook on your desktop are you working in? Are you able to replicate this with any other email address? Is this the only image realigning incorrectly? Based on your screenshots it looks as if you are using Outlook 2016 as your email client. We have seen emails sporadically stretch in Outlook 2016. This does appear to be a change on Outlook's end, and isn't specific to Constant Contact. A workaround that we can suggest in the meantime is: 

• Clicking File file in the top left-hand corner.
  • Select Options -> Mail -> Message format
  • Uncheck the option "Reduce message size by removing format information not necessary to display the message"
  • Click View tab > Reading Pane > Options
  • Uncheck the option "Turn on automatic full-screen reading in portrait orientation"

Once you follow these directions the last step is restarting your Outlook. Please let us know if this workaround helps!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Participating Solution Provider

Hi JedW20,

Our "Email Marketing Mastery Series" webinar this week is covering Email Automation!

I think you will find this webinar, along with the other free weekly webinars we offer helpful!

Here's the link to register for free!  

Register Here

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

As Constant Contact Certified Partners & Trainers we host weekly free training webinars to help users master email marketing. Register here: https://www.marketadvertisepromote.com/events
Tags (2)