cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Forwarding email

All Star

Forwarding email

I created a lovely email newsletter. I'm not allowed to add employees to a contact list but I am allowed to forward my newsletter. I emailed a test email to myself and it looks great. When I forward it on, the entire body of the newsletter is right-justified to the screen, no longer in the center when I received it. Nothing I do corrects this. Does anyone know why this happens? 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Forwarding email

Hello @DorothyW94. I see that you did reach out to our Support team via chat about this issue that you are experiencing. Unfortunately, Constant Contact does not have control over how an email looks when it is forwarded through the email client, which you are doing right now with your newsletter. What I can suggest for you is to use the Short URL to share your email to your employees. You can also download the email as a PDF once it has sent and sent it to your employees this way as well. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

If we are paying, shouldn't CC make sure this is not a problem for us?

Tags (2)

Hello @KenyonL4,

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. As Caitlin said we ultimately have no control over how an email will be altered when it is forwarded from a 3rd party email client rather than being sent through our service. We cannot control the formatting as we can’t control what the 3rd party client does to the email during the forwarding process.  We are collecting feedback on implementing a built-in forward option to the new editor so I will definitely make sure to track this in your account.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Frequent Visitor

Has this been fixed yet? I see in My Profile Email Features but I'll be **bleep** if I know how to activate it. I used CC years ago and the new updates have simplified but have also limited options. Not sure anymore if it's worth the price. This should be an easy thing to do. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @COPEFoundation,

Thank you for replying to this post!

For this specific situation, there is no fix. The emails that are forwarded using an external program such as Outlook or Gmail will change the forwarded email according to their predetermined standards. This may not match the code used for Constant Contact emails and will cause display issues when sending. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Thank you,

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

This issue is infuriating. I work at a major university and we are all on Outlook. Not being able to forward Constant Contact emails without the html being destroyed is a huge hinderance to our marketing abilities. It's just not the same to attach a PDF or include a link to the url webpage of the campaign. It completely defeats the purpose of that instant visual appeal that captures attention and increases engagement. I've been working with Outlook Support for two days now and we are not any closer to fixing the issue. In fact, when they asked me to update Outlook to the newest version, it only made it worse. I've sent them .eml files of the original Constant Contact campaign email and the forwarded version with destroyed html. To be honest, I can't believe the issue hasn't already been addressed at minimum between the BIGGEST email servers like Outlook and BIGGEST email marketing software companies like Constant Contact. I mean, it would only make sense that your software engineers would have a chat with theirs and figure this out? By the way, Constant Contact emails work FLAWLESSLY with gmail but unfortunately that is not the server for my employer uses. And to the people reading this, I have three separate CC accounts since I do marketing work for several departments. 

Tags (4)
CTCT Employee

Hello @BrianC4588,

We completely understand why you would like to be able to forward your email campaigns in Outlook. Unfortunately, we cannot control what the 3rd party client does to the email during the forwarding process.  We are collecting feedback on implementing a built-in forward option to the new editor so I will definitely make sure to track this in your account and hopefully it is something that will be in our product soon! Thank you for your feedback and I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Zoe H.

Regular Visitor

Has the built-in forward option been added in the new editor? If not, when will this be added?

Hi @JessicaK039 

That's a great question! I apologize this forward to friend feature was not carried over to our newest Third Generation Editor. It is however a feature request we have submitted in your account to our Product Team. With that said, we do not have a timeline for this particular feature request as there are many factors that are used to decide what is added to our product.

Frankie.P