cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...

SOLVED

Re: "Converting" a PDF into XHTML

Hi Jeanne,

I'm happy to hear this has worked so well for you, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Great idea about how to add in the links, having the text helps the email stay out of junk folders. Also, with the links inserted the way you describe you get to take advantage of Constant Contact's tracking to see how popular they are!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Copy/paste pdf or jpeg into body of email

Hi, I am very new and would like to be able to simply add a doc that has already been created into my email blast.  I know this can be done but don't know how to accomplish this. Can someone give me instruction?  I'd really appeciate it.

Thanks,

Linnea

Tags (4)
CTCT Employee

Re: Copy/paste pdf or jpeg into body of email

Hi there, 

Are you wanting the document to display? Is it an image? Because there are two options: you can convert it to a .jpg file using www.zamzar.com and upload the image into the library to then insert into your email. Or, if you just want it to function as an attachment, you will upload the document into the library and link to the document with a sentence. 

Hope that helps! 

Bria
Social Support and Community
CTCT Employee

6 Great Tips on Using a PDF File as Your Email

A lot of our customers prefer using a PDF file that they have designed or someone else has designed for them (like a Flyer or a Poster) and inserting that as the main body of their email. This is a great way to save time as you don’t have to build and design your email from scratch.

We do not recommend doing this all the time though as there are some email clients that block single image emails or reroute them to the Spam or Junk Mail folder.

If this is how you want to send out your email, we have some great tips for you to make sure your email displays and gets delivered to your contacts successfully.

Tip 1: You need to convert the PDF file as an image first

A PDF file can only be inserted as a link while an Image can be inserted in the block to display as an actual picture. Accepted Image formats are JPG, PNG and GIF.

Two ways to convert it:

1. You can use a free online converter like http://pdf2jpg.net/ or http://www.zamzar.com/

*When converting from PDF to JPG, you can choose the default 150 DPI or the 300 DPI for better quality (but a larger file).

2. You can take a screenshot of your PDF file and paste that in an image editor like Paint.  Here are the steps on how you can take a screenshot:  Make a Screenshot of my Document

Tip 2: Optimize your Image

Depending on the layout and design of your PDF, you want to make sure it’s optimized so that it displays clearly.

Image width: Save it at 800 pixels wide – this is the maximum width that the system accepts and this makes sure your image displays at its best resolution

Image Format: If your PDF is text heavy, save it as a PNG file. If it’s just an image with a few text, a JPG format works

Tip 3: You want to use one of our image-based templates

Choose from any of these templates: Cards - My Image I,  Cards - My Image II,  Basic Pack – Card,  Promotions - My Image I, Promotions - My Image II

Tip 4: Include text in the email to prevent delivery issues

You want to leave a header block at the top with text so your email doesn't’t display blank in case the images do not download right away. You also want to add a small message or closing block in the body of your email as well as a company info block. All these blocks are pretty simple to add and edit but contributes immensely to the successful delivery of your email.

Post.png

Tip 5: Add a Webpage Version to your header.

Here’s how:  Hover your mouse over the Header Options section at the top of your email and click the pencil to edit. Check the webpage version box on the window that displays and click ok.

Webpage.png

And last but not the least, something a lot of customers forget,

Tip 6: Create a text version of your email

1. While editing your email, click the Text button at the top of the Customize Your Email page.
  2. On the text version of your email that displays, make edits as necessary or type in text that will display if your image doesn't.
  3. Click Save.

Following these tips will help ensure that your email displays and delivers successfully. I hope you find this very useful when you create your next “PDF email.” Please feel free to share any comments and suggestions you may have.

Anna Navarro
Social Support and Community
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Visitor

attaching a PDF to be downloaded and sending test email

Hello, I have two problems with the new mobile template (that I didn't have with my previous template): 1. I have uploaded a PDF to the Library but I can't work out how to add the link to this PDF (to be downloaded) into the new mobile template. 2. I have tried sending test emails but the test emails don't arrive in either my Inbox or in Spam. Can you help me, please? Thank you. Juliana.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: attaching a PDF to be downloaded and sending test email

Hi @JulianaP89

Thank you for your question. I see that you have sent your email since you posted in the Community.I sent a test to myself to my work email (Outlook), Yahoo, and Gmail accounts and all 3 were received. If you are still not receiving your test emails, please let us know.

Now for the inserting of a PDF link. There is a way to do it but it has a few more steps than the none mobile-responsive templates you're using. You can vote/post about wanting this feature here

To insert a pdf link in your newsletter, please follow these steps:

• Click on Library in your account

Library Standalone.png

• Click on Documents on the left

library - documents.png

• Click on the document that you wish to insert so that it opens up for you
  • In the overlay, copy the File URL

file url.png

• Click Cancel to close the overlay

cancel overlay.png

• Now go back to your email template you're working in
  • Click to edit the block and on the edit toolbar, choose the URL icon

Insert PDF Link.png

• Paste into the box the URL you just copied & click Done

That's it!

If you have any questions let us know!

Visitor

Attached Document not working- Help!

This is the first time that I have attached a document to a message, but it's not working for me.  It's showing up in my documents queue, but when I preview the message- it's not clickable.  I don't know how to (or if I can) share the email before I am done editing it.  Please help, I need to get this out this morning! 

Christina

Honored Contributor

Re: Attached Document not working- Help!

Hi Christina,

I tried calling you but was unable to get through. Are you following these steps to add a document to your email?

To link to a PDF while editing an email:

1. In your email draft, click the Edit icon Edit for the block where you want to include the link.
  2. Place your cursor where you want the link to appear.
  3. Click the Document button in the Insert section on the left toolbar.
  4. On the Select Document screen that displays, click Upload a new document.
  5. On the Upload a new document box, click the Browse button to search for your PDF file.
  6. Select your file and click Open.
  7. Click Upload. Your PDF file will appear in the Document Library.
  8. Click the button for the file you wish to add to your email.
  9. In the link text field, enter the text that will appear as the hyperlink for your document.
  10. Click Insert Document Link. The hyperlink appears in your email.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Honored Contributor

Re: I've uploaded a PDF file How do i insert to email template? as if the 'insert' button doesn't

Hi,

To link to a PDF while editing an email:

1. In your email draft, click the Edit icon Edit for the block where you want to include the link.
  2. Place your cursor where you want the link to appear.
  3. Click the Document button in the Insert section on the left toolbar.
  4. On the Select Document screen that displays, click Upload a new document.
  5. On the Upload a new document box, click the Browse button to search for your PDF file.
  6. Select your file and click Open.
  7. Click Upload. Your PDF file will appear in the Document Library.
  8. Click the button for the file you wish to add to your email.
  9. In the link text field, enter the text that will appear as the hyperlink for your document.
  10. Click Insert Document Link. The hyperlink appears in your email.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Re: I've uploaded a PDF file How do i insert to email template? as if the 'insert' button doesn't

I've done this (followed your instructions to the letter) over and over again and it won't work. Any idea why?

--Christine