cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...

How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...Uploading a file in the library just gives me a link.
134 REPLIES 134
Regular Visitor

uploading a PDF to an email

So I recieved a PDF verson of a email I'm supposed to send through Constant Contact.  I think it will only let me upload .jpgs.  Is there a way to get an active PDF on there?
Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Jackie, Go to the FAQ section and search for 2995. Regards, Tony
Participant

I want to do this too. I just sent out an email to a bunch of people and am told my imbedded flyer which i converted from pdf to rtf or jpg prints badly..unevenly etc.

Is there such a thing as a "blank" template?

I have already created a document in publisher and want to just send this flyer as an email - is there a way to do this? Without having to re-create it all again in constant contact??
Valued Contributor

Is there such a thing as a "blank" template?

If you save it in HTML from publisher you can use pick "Use My Own Code" rather than choosing a template on the template selection page.
Occasional Advisor

Save the flyer as an image file, such as a jpg. Then use the image insert feature.

Honored Contributor

Beth, The first issue that you might run into is one of scaling. A normal flyer is usually 8.5 x 11 printed. When you scale that into a graphic to fit the size of the email many times it becomes unreadable at such a small size. A lot would depend on the original art work and design. Its better to design the output to meet the medium than it is to have it squeezed to fit it. Consider making the flyer in CTCT and then converting THAT to the printed version. Test it and see. YMMV Regards, Tony

Marketing Advisor

Re: How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...

While you cannot insert the PDF file directly into your email, your Constant Contact Library allows you to upload PDF documents that you can link to from within your emails.  You also have the option to use the PDF as an image in your email.  There are two ways to add a PDF as an image.  You can Create an Email from a PDF Using the Third-Generation Editor (Read this FAQ to learn how) and you can Create an Image From a PDF While Uploading to the Library (read this FAQ to learn how).

When you create an Email from a PDF Using the Third-Generation Editor:

•         An image of the PDF is added to the template. The image of your PDF can be treated just like any other image and can be resized or turned into a clickable image.
  •         A button linking to your PDF is included so your contacts can easily download it.
  •         The template is automatically branded with the main color used in your PDF.

Once the template is created, you have full control to add more text content and further customize your branding. Here is an idea of what this process looks like:

16.1.png

16.2.png

16.3.png

16.4.png

16.5.png

16.6.png

16.7.png

16.8.png

Occasional Visitor

Make the flyer a PDF, and redo the flyer in CTCT with a link to the PDF for printing.