cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How can I upload a flyer into the body of my email - the flyer promotion is the email...

SOLVED

Is there a way to upload a pdf file?

Is there a way to upload a pdf file for my readers to download?

Thanks,
OUTMUSIC
Valued Contributor

Yes, in Constant Contact click on Library, then click on Documents. You can upload your pdf there. Then put a link in your email to the document.
Honored Contributor

I think you can only upload "images" to your library. In order to add the PDF file you do in in your email editor using the insert > document option. I haven't used that option yet but from a brief flyby you don't seem to have any control of it at that point. Regards, Tony
Regular Advisor

On 7/19, CC added the ability to store PDF files as well as images. The standard library can hold 5 images and 5 PDFs. Upgraded libraries (MyLibrary Plus, formerly "Premium Image Hosting") provide 50 MB of storage overall. When in the "Library" tab, click the Documents link to access the PDF storage. Click the aptly named Images link for image storage. - Steve

I often have ads I run that come to me as pdfs. I would like to simply upload the image, but do not have a PDF JPG converter. Help!
Honored Contributor

Steve, when I try to upload a PDF to My Library I get "PDF format is not supported. Supported formats are: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg and .png. Please change the format of your image." Is that the expected response? Regards, Tony
Regular Advisor

Hi Tony. You got that message because you are still in the images section of the library. Look just under the "Home" and "Email Marketing" tabs. You should see two links: "Images" and "Documents". When you click the documents link, you will be able to upload PDFs. If you are not seeing those links, try pressing F5 to refresh your page. - Steve

Does CC track click throughs for links embedded in an uploaded pdf?

I am creating a newsletter in Pages, will export it to a pdf file and upload into CC for distribution.   If I include web links within the pdf, will CC still track click-throughs?

Thanks!

Heather

Honored Contributor

Re: Does CC track click throughs for links embedded in an uploaded pdf?

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Adding a PDF to your email can only be done through linking to the document. Because of this, links within the document will not track.

If you were to convert the PDF to HTML  and use a custom template as your email, links would track but this would require a PDF to HTML converter. You can find a converter by using PDF to HTML converter as a search query on Google. 

If you had to convert the PDF to XHTML, you would need to add a tracking code to your links in order for them to be tracked in your email. To add tracking to your links in an XHTML email, follow these steps.

You can find a PDF to XHTML converter by using PDF to XHTML as a search query on Google.

Any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

How do I attach a PDF to my email?

I already know how to upload to the system, but how do I link it to the email?