cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a new name to an existing list?

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Re: How do I add a new name to an existing list?

I tried again - reselecting the commands and the "add to list" was no longer greyed out. So there's a glitch.

Now I have another request - when I select the contact, it does not show me which list it belongs to. Why not?

thanks! Lisa

Honored Contributor

Re: How do I add a new name to an existing list?

Hi Lisa,

If you have an existing contact, you can go into their Contact Details page by typing in their name or email address in the Search box, then clicking on them to view their details. In this page, you can add them to new lists and see which lists they are on.

If you are in a list, you can only select current contacts within that list to move/copy/remove to other lists. 

You should be able to see the lists that that contact is on when you are viewing their details. If that isn't showing please email me at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com your username, contact name/email address, and reference this post in the User Community please.

Thank you in advance!

Highlighted
UNS
Established Member

Cannot add contacts to my current list of contacts

Went to go update my contacts and there was a problem in doing so. Cannot send out my emails until I can update the contacts.
CTCT Employee

Re: Cannot add contacts to my current list of contacts

Hello, 

I apologize that you are not able to add contacts to your list.  When you are trying to add contacts, are you adding new contacts (either copy/paste or using a file) or are you trying to manage contacts within your account and add them to a list?  

If you have a file of contacts that you want to add, you can go to Contacts > Add Contacts > From a file.  You will then choose the file and hit next, then you will label the columns of your spreadsheet (i.e. First Name, Last Name, Email Address - Other) and hit Next.  On the last step under Add to Lists you can click the blue box with the + sign to add the contacts to a particular list.  

2014-04-28_0751.png

Hope this helps, if not please reply to this post with the method you are trying to add contacts, and what happens after you try to add them to a list.  For immediate assistance you can contact our Support Team here.  

Regular Visitor

How do I add these two names to my NL contacts list?

I want to add these two contacts to my e-mail list
Tags (2)

Re: How do I add these two names to my NL contacts list?

HI @JoanV

Great question! Are these brand new contacts to your account?

If so, you can add them by clicking "Contacts" > "Add Contacts" > Create a new contact. Fill out as much information about the contact as you would like to import and click save. You can do this for both contacts!

If the contacts are already in your account you can find them in any list view and check them off. Use the "Add to Email Lists" button in the header to choose which lists you would like to copy them too. If you would rather, you can find or search for one contact at a time and click into the contact's details. Just use the blue plus sign to add them to a new list.

Hope this helps, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Established Member

New Emails

We added new contacts. Activity shows that we have 121 new contacts but when I go to contact list it only shows 1 new email. What happened?
Tags (3)

Re: New Emails

Hi @IreneL

I am sorry to hear this happened! Is it possible that these addresses are showing as errors on the left panel of your Contacts page? If you don't see this listed it indicates no errors. What type information were you importing--first name, last name, just emails, etc?

Thanks, 

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Visitor

Can't Add Contacts to a List

I'm trying to add contacts to an email list from an Excel file. It loads/updates the contacts, but the email list is empty.
Tags (3)

Re: Can't Add Contacts to a List

HI @BrianM815

I am sorry to hear this is happening. Are you seeing any errors when you upload? Please click Contacts > Activity to see if there is any error messaging here. Are these contacts already in your account or are they brand new?

Thanks,

Hannah M.