cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I give my own name for a campaign -- not just the date created?

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

How do I give my own name for a campaign -- not just the date created?

When creating a campaign (or afterwards) I don't see how I can give a name I want for that campaign.
Tags (3)
18 REPLIES 18

Re: How do I give my own name for a campaign -- not just the date created?

Hello.

Great question, thanks for posting!

You can change the name of any draft campaign by clicking on the name in the upper left corner of the edit screens. You should see a pencil icon here indicating you can edit!

6-10-2014 8-15-15 AM.png

Once your email is sent you are no longer able to edit this name. Remember the name of the email is internal only so make sure you name this something helpful for you!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted

Saving campaignes

Everytime I create a new campaign of anytype and click on SAVE it is not in my campaigns. What am I doing wrong? Also how would I Name the Campaign as well.
CTCT Employee

Re: Saving campaignes

@JodyS089 

Thanks for reaching out! I apologize for any frustrations you may be experiencing. I have tested the ability to save campaigns within your account and it does seem to be working properly. You should see the Test campaign i've saved to your account currently in Draft status. If you are still having troubles, I would recommend trying an alternative browser or running your browser "Without Add-Ons."

If this doesn't work for you, please don't hesitate to reach back out and I will troubleshoot the matter further.

As far as how to re-name your campaign, on the top left hand side of your campaign itself, you will see "Customize Your Campaign." Click on the text beneath it and it will highlight automatically, allowing you to rename your campaign. 

Best,

Ian W

Community & Social Media Support Intern

Change Campaign name from: "campaign created....." to custom name

How can I change a campaign name in the campaigns list, so it doesn`t show as " campaign created onxx/xx/xxxx at 7:35 pm"?
I would like for example a subject of email to be displayed or so that I can be able to edit the name and change it to something differnt, this way it would be easier to see what campaign contains(ed).
Tags (3)
Honored Contributor

Re: Change Campaign name from: "campaign created....." to custom name

Hello @JackP654

We recommend changing campaign names for the reason that you stated, to make it easier to know what each campaign has within it.  In order to change a campaign it still needs to be in a Draft Status.  Currently any campaigns that have already been sent cannot have a name change.  To change a Campaign name, edit the campaign and click on the existing Campaign Name.  This will allow you to change the name to anything that you would like. 

2015-04-27_1410.png

Want to rename previus campaigns to keep better track of them

No where do I see that I can rename a current or previous campaign. how can I do this?
Honored Contributor

Re: Want to rename previus campaigns to keep better track of them

Hi @DanO406

Great question! You can edit the name of your campaigns that are in DRAFT status only. Once an email has been SENT, it no longer can be edited.

To change your name, you want to follow these steps:

• Open up your Draft Campaign so that you're on the editing layout
  • Where the name of your campaign is on the top left, either click the pencil icon or click on that name of it

Change Email Name.png

• That will open up so you can edit that name and then click anywhere outside that box and your changes will save there
  • Click the Save button on the right to fully save your changes

Hope that helped!

Why can a sent email no longer be renamed?

Honored Contributor

Hello @AMack

We are still working on having this capability available for all types of email campaigns throughout all accounts.