cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How to Insert Blog Content

How to Insert Blog Content

UPDATED: July 2018

Please click here to learn more about using our Read More Action Blocks in our Third-Generation Editor.

The information below is for templates in Second-Generation Editor only.

-----

Did you know you can insert up to 15 of your most recent blog posts into your Constant Contact emails? This helps drive people to your blog without copying and pasting all the content manually. Using Constant Contact’s insert tool you will be given the option to insert just the post title, the post title with a summary or the entire post if your RSS feed includes it.  Each layout includes a link back to your blog so the contact can “Read more”!

If you are starting a new email and are interested in inserting blog contest use an RSS template so your blog content fits right in! Just search “RSS” in the template selector screen.

templates.png

Here is how to insert blog content into your email.

1. Click in to edit the block you would like to insert the content into.

2. Place your cursor where you would like the content to start.

3. Click the Insert menu on the left and choose “Blog Content”

4. Enter the URL for your Blog/RSS feed

5. Click Retrieve

6. Place a checkmark to the posts you want to insert

7. In the “How much content do you want to display” section choose the layout that works for you.

Summary:  Shows title and the first 70 words of your post.

Full Post:  Shows the entire blog post

Single Line: Shows clickable title only

Please note: You will have the option to clear the contents of the block before inserting if you want to get rid of what is already there.

Click Insert

If you need to change the font color and styles use the editing options on the block and click save when you are done!

Please note:  The blog inserted blog content does not automatically update to your latest post. When copying or re-sending an email, you can repeat this process to insert your latest blog content.

How do you use blog content in your emails? Let us know in the comments below!

Does your account look a little different than this? Check out this post in the Toolkit Product forum!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
All Star

Re: How to Insert Blog Content

This does not seem to work. Have they taken this feature away?

CTCT Employee

Re: How to Insert Blog Content

Hello @KimD5384

Thank you for posting! This is a feature that is no longer provided. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Your account is currently using our new editor and this is a feature that we are working on implementing. I do not have an ETA as of when this feature will be released but I will definitely let our engineers know that you are interested in using it. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Lenszie V.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!