Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported Contacts Don't Add Up...

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Imported Contacts Don't Add Up...

I just tried to import 49 contacts to an empty list from a spreadsheet.

According to the Activity log, it said that out of the 49 contacts, there were 3 errors (invalid, opted-out subscriber, invalid).

When I go back to the list, it only shows 41 contacts on it. Since when does 49-3=41? What happened to those 5 missing contacts, and how do I prevent this from happening in the future?

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Imported Contacts Don't Add Up...

UPDATED: July 2018

HI,

Usually, when contacts don't add up, that means there are duplicate contacts in your file or contacts with no email address. What you can do is sort the contacts in your file by alphabetical order and then manually check to see if any contacts are repeated or missing emails.

If there are no contacts that repeat, try saving the file as a different format. For instance, if it's XLS, try saving as CSV.

If you continue to have trouble, please send me a private message and attach the file you uploaded.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for clarifying. There were a couple duplicates though the report didn't make any of them show up as "errors" which is why I was confused. It'd be nice if there was a feature to tell you that in the report.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Happy I could help. I'll submit this as a feature request.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!