Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Mac Address Book Group

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

Importing Mac Address Book Group

I use my iPad at tradeshows to collect email addresses of attendees who voluntarily (upon promise of a bottle of rum) give them to me.  On my iPad those names are grouped by cities.  Prior to my conversion to Mac from PC I would simply synch my the contacts with Outlook, convert the file to Excel and upload it.  Now however I cannot figure out how to get a group from my Mac Address book (which is synced across my iPad and iPhone) into any format that I can then load to Constant Contact.  If anyone has any ideas on this it would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: Importing Mac Address Book Group

UPDATED: July 2018

Hi Ed,

You can export your contacts from your Apple Mail or Mac Mail Address Book as a vCard file.

*Any links to external Web sites and/or non-Constant Contact, Inc information provided on Constant Contact pages or returned from Constant Contact Web search engines are provided as a courtesy. They should not be construed as an endorsement by Constant Contact of the content or views of the linked materials.

To export an individual contact from your Apple Mail Address Book as a vCard:

1. Click and drag a single contact to the desktop.
  2. Click and hold Command to select multiple contacts and drag them to the desktop.
  3. Select a single contact and choose File > Export > Export vCard.
  4. Click and hold Command to select multiple contacts and then click File > Export > Export vCard.

To export all contacts from your Apple Mail Address Book as a vCard:

1. Open the Contacts app.
  2. Click File > Export > Contacts Archive or vCard.
  3. Choose a location for the file.
  4. Click Save.

Once you have the vCard file saved, you can import it directly into Constant Contact.

Note:  You can also convert your Mac vCard to a CSV file using the vCard to LDIF/CSV Converter
Important: The file being converted cannot be larger than 8MB. Within the vCard to LDIF/CSV Converter web page, click Choose File to select the vCard file that you just exported. On the Format drop-down menu, please select "Gmail (CSV) and check box for "vCards with e-mail only". Next to filter, please check the box for "vCards with e-mail only". Click Convert.  You will be prompted to save the converted CSV file to your computer so you can import it into Constant Contact. If you have multiple vCard files, this process must be repeated for each file.

• Additional tools for exporting email addresses may be found at the Mac App Store.
Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Re: Importing Mac Address Book Group

When I do this, it makes me choose upwards of 25 different categories to assign all the different data points that get all jumbled during the conversion. Is there a better solution available or coming soon that will allow contacts to be uploaded via .vcf or straight from the address book?