We have three separate Constant Contact accounts at our company. We would like to merge them into one unified account--taking the contacts, mailing lists, e-mail history, and image files from the three accounts--and ultimately discontinuing the other two accounts.
Is this possible? If so, what is the best way to go about it?
Solved! Go to Solution.
The only way to merge accounts currently is to manually combine information. You can export out the contacts and lists to combine them into one account. We do not have a way to migrate email history between accounts though, so this information would be lost. For image files they would need to be saved onto a computer and then re-uploaded into the account.
Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, below are the steps I would need to take to merge three accounts manually. Is there a better, more efficient way to do this?
1. Select one of the three existing accounts to be primary
2. Download each e-mail list separately as a CSV file (currently 126 lists in the other two accounts)
3. Download each image file from the libraries one at a time (currently 1,121 images in the other two accounts)
4. Download each document file from the libraries one at a time (currently 120 documents in the other two accounts)
5. Upload 126 e-mail lists one at a time to the primary account
6. Upload 1,121 images one at a time to the primary account library
7. Upload 120 documents one at a time to the primary account library
8. Review 40,257 total contacts for any duplicates
9. For any duplicate contacts, copy data from duplicate contact and then delete duplicate contact since there is no "merge contacts" feature.
10. Rebuild e-mail templates using newly merged image library
Also, once I have the accounts merged, I would like to add staff as users with different roles and permissions. It appears that other than Account Owner, the only user role available for my account is Manager. Can Managers add contacts or create e-mail lists? Can I limit access to only certain e-mail lists?
Those are the steps that you would need to take to combine the accounts. The only one that would not be needed is steps #8 & #9, since our system automatically checks for duplicates for you based off of the email address. If you have the same name (i.e. John Doe) with different email addresses in different lists, then those would be uploaded to the account; however if the email address is on multiple lists then their contact record should just be updated with the new list.
Currently with the roles there is no way to limit a user to certain lists within the account. By creating a Manager it gives them full access to emails and contacts, yet limits that user's ability to update/change billing information.